Oracle Federal Financial Sr. Specialist
USA-WV: WEST VIRGINIA-MARTINSBURG
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 100 % of the Time
Jan 24, 2013, 1:43:11 PM
CSC's Federal Consulting Practice is a dedicated management consulting group that provides CSC's government clients with business management expertise. This practice provides specialized business and technology consultants who can look into the specifications of a program from multiple perspectives, understand the complexity of the issues and then design comprehensive solutions that support business needs and optimize technical infrastructure. We have many new opportunities and are looking for qualified Oracle consultants to join our team!
Candidate must be experienced in Oracle 11i / R12 Financial processes and their integration points with other business process areas. Must have experience with at least one full life-cycle Oracle Financial implementation in a government environment. Must have a minimum of 4 years, hands-on configuration experience in one or two application areas, including General Ledger, Federal Vertical, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cost / Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, Purchasing, and Time & Labor. Need functional knowledge of government reporting regulations and standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Interprets requirements data, maps current and future state business processes to the packaged application(s) being implemented, and develops plans to address functional gaps between the packaged application and the redesigned processes (Business).
- Develops depth of implementation experience to address multiple integration points between functions, related interface and data conversion issues, and expanded setup and configuration requirements (Business).
- Researches and presents information/data regarding how other companies in the client's industry are using specific application products to improve business performance (Business).
- Builds on Catalyst and specific vendor methodology knowledge and blend methodologies appropriately to meet unique project and client needs (Methodology).
- Leads a team of 6-10 resources (company, client and third-party resources) in area of expertise to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Guides others in vendor programming languages and standards for interfaces and bolt-on components (Technical).
- Manages client expectations and balances the needs of the company and the client to ensure satisfaction for both (Relationship Management).
- Influences decisions and project direction at the executive level (Relationship Management).
- Performs consultative selling and leverages business through superior delivery skills, client relations and subject matter expertise (Leverage).
- Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls (Leverage).
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel (Leadership).
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including medium to large sized groups of key decision makers at the executive level; tailors presentations to needs and interests of the audience. Develops articles and white papers covering areas of expertise (Communication).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Six or more years of consulting experience with business analysis and software product implementation
- Experience working with CSC Catalyst and/or equivalent client or vendor-mandated methodology
- Experience working with the integrated structure of a complex software product suite
- Experience working with how the client's current and future state business processes map to the packaged application being implemented
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Two to five years of additional relevant experience in one or more business or industry specialty areas
- Strong skills in solution demonstration lab (SDL) and prototyping techniques
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on both the client and the company
- Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
- Willingness to travel
CSC - 13 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...