Do you enjoy the challenge of implementing new systems?
Are you the go-to person in your company for the most challenging tech support issues?
Do you enjoy working leading and/or working on a cross functional team?
Do you enjoy solving new and interesting problems?
If so, we’d like to hear from you. We’re building a world class internal Information Technology team and need you to help us build it the right way.
The Ocean Beach Hospital is a 25 bed licensed Critical Access Hospital. We need someone with experience on a medium sized network that is motivated to take the initiative and own the administration and support of our IT operations. We are looking for someone with a passion for a good challenge, to embrace the opportunity of implementing an Electronic Medical Record. Our IT Department consists of a Manager position and a Network Administrator. Come join our team and make a difference!
The Information Technology Manager will contribute to the successful implementation and support of the organizations application systems. These systems support and further the mission of providing compassionate patient focused care. The IT Manager will work closely with users and other project team members, analyzing business processes and data, developing user requirements and functional specifications, plan and direct configuration and functional testing, and support the business departments to implement associated applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Perform management processes necessary for successful delivery of information technology projects. This includes the initiation, planning, executing, monitoring / controlling and closing of the project. Plan, manage, and coordinate all operations and aspects of Information Technology to ensure the development and implementations of cost-effective and efficient quality internal services. These services include, but are not limited to; automation, equipment maintenance and upgrade, systems and software maintenance and upgrade of the Hospitals information systems and networks. Oversee the maintenance and support the Microsoft Windows server based Local Area Network (LAN) and Windows workstations of over 128 desktops, and office telecommunications system. Provide strategic directions through ongoing research and analysis to plan for changes and new projects to meet the dynamic needs of information systems, telecommunication systems, and system security.
We have contracted with Healthland to implement an Electronic Medical Record in 2013 at the Hospital. A Clinic system has not been selected at this time. This position will be the project manager of the implementation and is critical to our success. The position will be responsible for supporting the implementation, training, daily activities, etc. of the Electronic Health Information System.
Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to: Interviewing, recommendations for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance review; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Generally work is during daytime hours, but evening and or night time work occasionally is required to support projects, particularly during implementation. This position rotates call within the Department.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Healthcare, or comparable certification/experience in a related area of specialty and 2 – 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
2. 2+ years of experience managing, planning and executing, and coordinating activities including developing project plans, work breakdown structures, and project reporting in a windows environment required.
3. Demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, and participate in cross-functional, cross organizational work groups to implement clinical or business information systems required.
4. Experience defining and documenting user requirements, functional specifications, and data models.
5. Demonstrated interpersonal skills including communication, facilitation, and effective meeting management, agenda development, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
6. Experience with budgeting, planning, and tracking.
7. Must be able to rebuild a PC to include reloading all of the software and/or replacing a failed component.
8. Knowledge of Windows Server 2000 and 2003 as well as proficiency in Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro software.
9. Hands on experience with installing and configuring Network servers and networked PCs and printers.
10. Knowledge and understanding of LAN/WAN concepts as well as VPN’S and setting up firewalls.
1. 2+ years of prior Management experience is preferred.
2. Experience developing, designing, and implementing health care IT projects as Information Technology Project Management preferred.
3. Experience working with clinical information system applications in a health care setting is preferred.
4. Experience negotiating software and hardware contracts and with vendor management practices preferred.
5. Knowledge and experience with Sonicwall preferred.
Current systems in place are: Meditech 5.64, a 2003 and 2008 Windows server, Windows XP, VM Ware, 3 Comp IP phone Switch, Ruckus wireless. We do not currently have a fax server, exchange server, or phone server.
Purchase in progress: Fax server, Healthland Electronic Medical Record, VM Ware View.
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Type: Full Time, exempt
Shift: Generally work is during daytime hours, but evening and or night time work occasionally is required to support projects, particularly during implementation. This position rotates call within the Department.
Salary: TBD based on education and experience
Benefits include but are not limited to: Health, Dental, and Vision coverage upon meetin eligibility requirements. Five weeks of paid time off, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and several available supplemental insurance plans.