Seeking a super-smart quotJack or Jill of all tradesquot for a marketing and e-commerce position. This is a very fast-paced, career-track position at a quickly growing company. There is room for advancement based on performance. You MUST be a details person, a fast learner and capable of working independently. If this does not accurately describe you, please don°t apply for this position... you will not excel or enjoy this job unless you live for the details and can take a task and run with it! We really can°t stress this point enough. If you want a multi-faceted career at a rapidly growing marketing organization, this is the ideal job to dive into. Coffee is for closers, and you must be a closer. |
Part of this role is focused on improving key, scalable metrics related to our e-commerce program (Conversion Rate, Funnel Conversion Rate, Bounce Rate, etc.) and improving site usability. Part of this role is focused on implementing marketing programs from email marketing to PPC advertising to creative project management. All of this role is focused on identifying goals and working backward to lay out the steps to achieve them... and then do it.
The successful candidate must be able to participate in developing and implementing marketing and e-commerce plans to drive sales, improving sales cycles and boosting customer experience. This candidate must be capable of strategic and tactical thinking who can roll up his/her sleeves and execute on their own (and our) plans. You will be involved in the planning and oversight of improvements to the shopping experience, cart/checkout and all e-comm-related UI, potentially including a migration to a new e-comm platform. You will coordinate with other online advertising and promotional activities including search and email marketing.
Technical aptitude is strongly appreciated, but you are not expected to be a coder, though you will need to be able to learn intermediate level HTML and not be intimidated by it. A Bachelor°s Degree and some level of experience in B2C marketing/e-commerce roles is a requirement. We are open to a brilliant rookie or a seasoned veteran, and may consider adding two new team members if there are strong candidates.
You will preferably have, or will need to quickly learn, the following:
- Technical skills: be generally tech-savvy; adept at Outlook, Google mail, calendar, docs, and basics of time-tracking/project management software (like Harvest, Sharepoint or Base Camp); must know and use Skype; intermediate HTML coding (be able to read/understand and edit, but coding from scratch is not required); experience with Google Analytics a big plus
- Communication skills: quick and accurate communication with a high email volume; understand basics of social media; stay on top of ongoing projects for multiple team members and report progress
- Logic skills: apply blanket rules to multiple situations to determine your course of action; be able to work independently
- Writing and Proofreading skills: we need a great writer who can write with purpose - press releases, website copy, etc.; great speller; good grammar; ability to proofread and notice small mistakes and inconsistencies in data
- Basic Photoshop (or similar) skills: simple cropping; adding/deleting text, etc.
- Good Eye: understand visual balance; how colors come together; notice elements that are out of place; able to take a decent photo, etc.
- Creativity is always a plus, but not a core requirement of the job. We will never discourage creativity and collaboration.
Benefits: At SCOTTEVEST, we understand that our past accomplishments and future achievements are directly connected to the individual successes of our people. We focus on the people in our company and have get together lunches every Friday, in-house boot camps, massages and POWDER DAYS when we get at least 8 inches of snow. We are also proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including company paid health insurance (employee only), Life Flight Insurance, competitive 401(k) with match, and paid holidays and vacation.
- Set up and deploy email marketing campaigns
- Coordinate spreadsheets and calendars with the Production department to ensure graphics are provided on time
- Coordinate our media advertising calendar: proofread and test landing pages, set up promo codes, ensure pages are set up on time and correctly, communicate information to Customer Service
- Launch Daily Sales and monthly promotions
- Coordinate tasks and track progress toward their completion for the Marketing Team
- Prepare metrics dashboards for the Marketing Team and update data on a set schedule and on demand
- Review and approve (or reject) product reviews
- Review sample and media requests and reject or approve based on set criteria
- Launch email marketing campaigns and manage °back in stock° emails, build and deploy weekly newsletters
- Act as director/talent scout/production assistant/key grip on video and photo shoots
- Oversee various e-commerce functions
- Direct the overall organizational effort to develop and manage e-commerce projects
- Own site reporting and analyze web usage trends to improve and/or add functionality
- Track and report on effectiveness of projects
- Own A/B and Multivariate testing
- Additional duties as required. We do what it takes to get the job done and grow the business at all times
- Other tasks as assigned
Please submit resume and cover letter via Resumator or on: www.scottevest.com/jobs specifying your interest in SCOTTEVEST and your interest in living in Sun Valley, Idaho. In your cover letter, please tell us why you would be PERFECT for this job, and also identify 1-2 things about our website that strike you as good and/or bad (and why). We look forward to hearing from you!
SCOTTEVEST INC. - 13 months ago