Through case management of external and internal resources, increase positive health outcomes and decrease avoidable visits through case management of high risk adults insured through Medicaid programs in Oregon and Washington.
• Provide case management to high risk, medically and psycho-socially complex patients which will result in improved compliance, decreased admission to the hospital and/or the emergency department.
• Assist patients with obtaining medical services and engaging in their healthcare plan.
• Coordinates and serves as liaison for mental healthcare plans developed with community partners.
• Assist in identifying and accessing local, state, and national public and private resources.
• Coordinates and collaborates in care plan development and implementation with MD, patient, and appropriate community and internal partners to promote understanding and compliance.
• Document according to department and professional standards.
• One (1) to three (3) years of working with medically and psycho-socially complex patients including those who have either a mental health or a co-occurring diagnosis.
• One (1) year of case management experience.
• Valid driver's license.
• Oregon Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) or Certified Social Worker Associate (CSWA) and Washington Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Application for licensure in secondary state must be made within six (6) weeks of start date. License in both states required within six (6) months of hire.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification within 90 days of hire.
• Thorough knowledge of psychosocial diagnostic categories and treatment approaches including evidence-based treatment modalities, suicide assessment, and therapeutic crisis intervention.
• Expert ability to communicate and collaborate closely with a wide variety of people including those from other cultures.
• Knowledge of co-occurring mental health and chemical dependency disorders.
• Current knowledge of community based mental health programs and resources.
• Working knowledge of a wide array of community based social services.
• Able and willing to learn and utilize a variety of computer programs.
• Two (2) to five (5) years of case management experience of medically and socially complex patients preferred.
• Recent experience working for a managed care organization preferred.
• Recent experience working within a managed care organization preferred.
$30.96 - $42.88
Kaiser Permanente - 18 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...