*From July 1, 2011, through June 29, 2013, a 3% temporary salary reduction is in effect for most state positions. The salary above reflects the 3% reduction. For more information, click here . |
Note: Per the Washington Federation of State Employees Collective Bargaining Agreement Article 4.3, WFSE transfer candidates will be given priority for the first five (5) days of this announcement. If this position is not filled with a transfer candidate within the first five days, all other applicants will be considered based on qualifications and abilities. All applicants are encouraged to apply at any time during this recruitment opening.
Position Profile: The Southwest Region, is looking for an energetic and reliable Secretary Senior to independently plan, prioritize, and perform a wide range of organizational and administrative support for the Vancouver Project Engineering Office. This individual will establish office procedures, standards, priorities, and deadlines to coordinate with office staff to accomplish office operations. Proactively researching solutions to problems and employing strong organizational skills is imperative in this position for the Secretary Senior must meet all fiscal obligations such as accurately input timesheets for approximately 30 plus employees and ensuring appropriate calculations and rules are followed concerning leave and overtime usage. Also this position will research payment vouchers, billing statements, invoices, and agreement payments from vendors, assuring correct coding and allowances are met and will process invoices using a payment voucher or the Purchasing Card Management System (PCMS).
Customer service goes beyond meeting office staff needs, the successful candidate must be friendly, approachable, and professional in order to greet walk-in customers and to respond to telephone inquiries. This position will serve as a liaison with SWR HR to keep direct supervisors current with Performance Management Program (PMP) and will track employee evaluations with the direct supervisors and employees, to ensure timely completion. During meetings the Secretary Senior will take minutes and identify key messages and action items, proofread and organize minutes into a final document.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks :
Required Qualifications Include:
- Monitor leave usage and inform staff of leave balances.
- Maintain purchasing records and generate payment vouchers.
- Review proper purchasing methods, authority, and distribution of billing charges.
- Monitor payments and processes for compliance with WACs, RCWs, union contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Apply established procedures to prepare and maintain fiscal records and compile reports.
- Maintain an organized filing and retention system.
- Maintain electronic records and databases.
- Help make travel arrangements for management and other office employees.
- Schedule employee training and maintain training records.
- Prepare correspondence using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Schedule appointments and reserve meeting rooms.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide backup when necessary and fill in during breaks, lunch periods, training, etc.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Have two (2) years of progressively responsible office experience OR one (1) year progressively responsible office experience and one (1) year of college education.
- Have the ability to independently plan, prioritize and perform work with minimal supervision.
- Be able to prepare, review, verify and process fiscal documents, including payment vouchers, purchase orders, invoices and payroll.
- Have the ability to operate a computer and utilize supplied software to prepare reports and documents; keep calendars and schedule meetings; maintain and input daily and semi-monthly time sheets; establish office filing procedures.
- Be able to take minutes during meetings, identify key messages and action items, proofread and organize minutes into final document.
- Have the ability to review and distribute incoming mail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Be able to understand, evaluate and recommend office administrative procedures.
- Clearly and effectively respond to telephone inquires and walk-in customers.
- Understand and interpret written material.
- Have a valid driver license.
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted electronically at www.careers.wa.gov . To be considered for this position please answer the supplemental questions along with your application profile.
- Knowledge of essential engineering terminology.
- Knowledge of the WSDOT Human Resource Desk Manual and Chart of Accounts.
- Knowledge of Purchasing Card Management System (PCMS).
Contact us: For questions about this position, please contact Deb Meyers at 360-357-2734 or email to ORHR@wsdot.wa.gov. Please reference recruitment number 2013-SWR-002. Be prepared to provide professional references at the time of interview.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Recruitment and Retention Section, Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7064 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
State of Washington - 18 months ago
Whether it's helping a vulnerable child, making highways safer or restoring salmon habitat, the work that we do matters to the people of...