Director, Web Development
Earth Networks is seeking an experience, Director, Web Development to work out of our Germantown, MD office. The ideal candidate will lead activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques and develop test procedures.
· Facilitates and drives effective cooperation with other groups to ensure client delivery timelines are met or exceeded
· Drives quality in all deliverables via adherence to defined coding, performance, accessibility and usability standards
· Focuses on process innovations to drive efficiencies and productivity
· Forecasts and manages capacity for multiple projects and initiatives to ensure expectations on deliverables are communicated accurately
· Keeps meaningful metrics and leverages that data to drive efficiencies within the team
· Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products
· Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts
· Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests
· Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-department relations
· Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities
· Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related academic field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
· 10+ years of experience
· Strong personal and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of XHTML/CSS/JS
· Experience with C#, .NET version 3.5 ( or later)
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Earth Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Earth Networks - 22 months ago
As the provider of advanced weather data for nearly 20 years, Earth Networks (formerly AWS) operates the world’s largest weather...