We are seeking an experienced systems administrator with telecom experience, to manage complex fixed and mobile telecommunications systems at multiple domestic and international sites.
You will be based in Henderson, Nevada and work alongside our friendly and talented staff in a relaxed, rewarding but results driven atmosphere.
There may be occasional requirements to travel to colocation sites domestically and internationally.
Examples of projects that will be handled by the Global Systems and Infrastruture Administrator in the short term:
- Making a SAN Array faster and redudant by using replication and acceleration technology
- Reworking the backup plan of the company, to include offsite backups and offsite replication of critical data
- Duplicating the entire mobile core network at a second location (this involves 25 or so different functional nodes) to make it 100% fault tolerant
- 5 or more years of experience as a systems administrator in a telecommunications operators or enterprise
- Highly motivated, organized, independent, and results oriented
- Interested in complex technology, and fast learner
- Friendly, outgoing and self confident personality.
- Deep knowledge of linux systems administration including bash scripts (We use Debian and occasionally Redhat/Centos).
- Experience setting up backup plans, redundancy and contingency / disaster recovery plans and network monitoring (SNMP)
- Experience configuring IP networks (VPNs, VLANs, BGP, NAT, Wireshark packet captures).
- Experience with virtualization (we use VMWare) and storage systems (ideally iSCSI)
- Experience with security, making systems safe from outside intruders
- Any experience delaing with telecommunication networks, SS7, Sigtran, Cisco ITP or Asterisk is a plus
- Any knowledge of programing languages such as perl or others is a plus
You will prosper in a challenging but rewarding work environment: A-player colleagues, momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. You will be rewarded for your hard work with a competitive compensation package including salary, top notch medical and dental insurance (PPO), vacation time, laptop, flat screen monitor, sunny office with outdoor patio, snacks and lots more!
For the right candidate, we may provide relocation to USA including visa sponsorship.
Telecom North America - 23 months ago
Telecom North America was founded in 2002 by Herve Andrieu and Jean Gottschalk as the US subsidiary of 3U HOLDING AG, a publically traded...