This is a great opportunity for a technically minded self starter to gain intimate knowledge of the wireless industry and associated technologies. We are looking for an entry level RF Engineer to work with the Apex CoVantage Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Engineering Team in completing a strategic project for the 2nd largest wireless provider. This project will involve working closely with the carriers design and construction teams to increase efficiency, accuracy and visibility into all phases of the wireless design and installation.
Lone Tree, CO (only local applicants will be considered, company does not reimburse for relocation)
Contract-1099 (with potential for full-time)
- Work with the Apex CoVantage DAS Engineering TEAM and some of the largest wireless telecom providers in providing the necessary system interfaces and data entries into various RF Design and asset tracking systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be comfortable working in a technical environment that encompasses the simultaneous interfacing with multiple systems, and the transposing of critical information between the systems.
- Work closely with the wireless providers in understanding the process flow of RF Design to ensure the handoffs between the teams and/or systems are accurate and on schedule.
- Reports to the Project Manager and Director of the project on site in Lone Tree, Colorado.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or equivalent OR
- Prior experience working in the wireless industry and have a basic understanding of how wireless networks are configured
- Proficiency in working in technical multi-platform and system environments
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, on-line data entry
- Past experience in performing IBWAVE design a plus
Familiarity in radio frequency (RF) and/or Radio Access Network (RAN) design for the wireless market. Experience in planning, overseeing installation, maintenance and optimization of wireless radio access network communications systems, including radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis, frequency coordination, cell site equipment layout, parameter definition and ancillary equipment. IBWAVE and CAD experience is also preferred.
Apex CoVantage provides outsourced project management and consulting services in a number of areas such as engineering design and back...