1. Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
2. Good interpersonal/team skills with ability to develop effective working relationships.
3. High School diploma or equivalency;
4. Ten key proficiency;
5. Previous personal/computer experience;
1. 1-2 years teller/cash handling experience
2. Previous recent experience using ITI Teller Platform
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies:
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
1. Operational Functions :
Perform basic paying and receiving functions including cashing checks, handling deposits, savings withdrawals, loan and escrow accounts.
Balance currency and coin.
Fill customer change order.
Process mail and night depository.
Process cash advances.
Issue Official Checks, Money Cards & gift cards.
Redeem US savings Bonds.
Buy and Sell Canadian currency.
Prepares stop payment requests and address changes.
Balances coin counter.
Balances in-bank statements as assigned.
Buys and sell cash internally to and from vault supply.
Helps prepare incoming and outgoing shipments.
Accurately and efficiently process all transactions/work through assigned MVX image capture machine. Ensure that all work processed individually has been captured by MVX through batch balancing to Teller totals
Follow procedures for balancing of each MVX batch including the correction of errors and immediate resolution for any out of balance batches. The balancing process must be done on every batch, on every machine and every day with no exceptions.
You are responsible to follow the maintenance schedule for your assigned machine.
You are also responsible for proper item storage and the protection of customer information.
2. Security/Cash Controls :
Safeguard assigned cash/currency at all times: adheres to cash limits.
Adhere to dual control procedure as defined by policy.
Balances assigned cash currency as defined by policy.
Process offages by end of next business day.
Assist with all other areas of securing the Bank’s cash coin and negotiable instruments.
3. Sales/Public Relations :
Promote the improvement of Stockman Bank through quality customer service, promotion of products professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
Greet all customers pleasantly and make them feel welcome and comfortable.
Handles transaction quickly and professionally.
Effectively handles customer questions and problems.
Uses effective listening and observing skills to help identify and resolves customer needs.
Spot sales opportunities and refer business consistently.
Cross-sell other services whenever the opportunity arises.
Keep up to date on pricing and products.
Relay customer comments and or complaints to the Operations Officer immediately.
4. Federal Regulation:
Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Physical and Mental Demands (The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Occasionally = 0-33% of shift Frequently = 34-66% of shift Constantly = 67-100% of shift
1. Constant lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. Constantly required to hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details. Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
2. Frequently lift or carry up to 25 lbs stand, walk or sit, while requiring oral and written communications with customers and transactions with guidance available.
3. Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
4. Infrequently climb (up ladders, etc.), balance (to reach items) or drive a car.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
1. Constantly works with others, around others and with customers and the public. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
2. Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and customers while hearing teller machines (of other tellers), conversations of others, coin sorter, music, phones etc., in a confined area.
3. Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Stockman Bank - 2 years ago