Title: MySQL DBA
San Francisco, CA
Founded in 1999, we have over 300 clients that use our innovation management tools in a SAAS environment.
We are agressively building out data services infrastructure including relational data (mySQL), adding big data and noSQL servers, all managed using devOps techniques on a cloud infrastructure. You’ll be entrusted with the critical responsibility of leading and implementing this initiative. As the owner of data services, you will work closely with the VP of Technology, Architects, System Administrators, and Engineers to deploy and manage technologies, processes, and tools that are leveraged by both our client web sites, and metrics reporting applications.
You are an experienced relational database administrator (DBA) and automation expert for both test and production environments, and will have the opportunity to learn and grow your knowledge of noSQL and Big Data technologies. You are passionate about leveraing data, including using dashboards, system management through pro-active alerts, repeatability and efficiency through automation, and are eager to learn and leverage new techniques and technologies in getting things done. You'll embrace change, yet implement an infrastructure that will be stable enough for the technology team to sleep on the weekends from knowing that it's rock solid.
Success in this role will accelerate the company's product adoption, provide internal decision and progress tracking metrics, and increase efficiency in order support to support millions of users, while ensuring a high level of availability, security, and performance.
Annual bonus, up to 4 weeks vacation, stock options, medical, IRA
We are willing to consider relocation and a part time contract to full-time employee
· Own the deployment, performance, disaster recovery, and security of all data, including the servers and tools used for data management
· Leverage innovative, agile, and cost effective DevOp automation techniques and tools to rollout, monitor, and manage technologies and services
· Learn and become an expert in Big Data and noSQL technologies such as Hadoop, Mongo and Redis, Solr or Elastic Search technologies
Desired Skills and Experience:
· A passion for data management, automation, and leveraging new technologies
· 2+ years Database Administrator (DBA - deploy, monitor, tune, replicate, partition) for large scale (millions of rows/users) production MySQL installation
· 1+ years Database Administrator (DBA - deploy, monitor, tune, replicate, partition) for large scale (millions of rows/users) production SQL Server installation
· 2+ years automation/scripting (bash, python...) in Linux and MySQL environments
· 2+ years leveraging cloud infrastructure servers/data for database servers
· 1+ years experience managing data in a multi-tenant enterprise SaaS environment
· 2+ years writing and optimizing SQL
· Experience with ETL techniques and reporting engines a plus
· Experience with noSQL and Big Data infrastructure technlogies (Hadoop) is a plus
· Experience with AWS (S3, RDS, EBS, EC2) a plus
· Experience with high performance storage technologies (SSD, SAN, S3) and configurations (partitioning, replication, clustering) are a plus
· Startup experience a plus
· Must be able to work in a fast pace and energetic environment
· Must be detail oriented
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· BS/BE in Computer Engineering or similar experience
Additional Success Factors
Dynamic Staffing Inc. - 13 months ago
Dynamic Staffing is a leader in technical staffing services in the US and Canada. We're committed to filling your needs with the right...