The Sales Associate will champion the "Customer First "philosophy by providing an exceptional shopping experience to our guest. The Sales Associate will maximize sales by finding the right products, providing creative solutions to each guest using a win-win approach, removing barriers so as to ensure exceptional service and an enhanced Customer Experience for each and every Customer. With all actions supporting the Golfsmith selling model, the Sales Associate will be responsible for facilitating the sale as per the "S.E.L.L." standards.
- Ensure each Customer receives exceptional service by providing an exceptional shopping experience which includes the meet, sell, close, reinforce steps maintaining outstanding standards and all other components of the "S.E.L.L." program.
- Maintain an awareness of all golf and tennis product knowledge, terminology, merchandise promotions, demo merchandise and sale advertisements being flexible and knowledgeable able to work in different departments as needed.
- Increase revenue and profitability while meeting deadlines and working in an organized manner in accordance with the "Customer First" standards
- Assist with floor moves, merchandising, and keeping the sales floor organized and clean meeting Golfsmith's brand standards.
- Adhere to all company programs and policies including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Researches merchandise availability via computer database; requisitioning merchandise from stockroom and taking inventory of stock where needed.
- Seeks and takes advantage of opportunities as it relates to product and service knowledge, job skills and training.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a positive, Customer-centric attitude by listening, understanding and responding to guest needs while being committed to the Customer First philosophy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all associates and guests.
- Thorough knowledge of processing information and merchandise via a computer and POS register system; ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching, kneeling and climbing a ladder; ability to lift and/or move up to 50 (fifty) to 100 (one hundred) pounds at any given time.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- 1-3 months of related experience