Assists in patient care during clinic visit. Responsible for the safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the Clinical Services Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions (greater than or equal to 10% of time):
Provides direct care to patients under the direct supervision of licensed personnel
Provides non–direct patient care/support services to staff under the direction of licensed personnel
- Performs pre-physician exam preparation (walks patient in room, takes vital signs as per area standard, and assists with EKG’s).
- Assists with obtaining information for patient care such as chart preparation, lab reports, and dictation retrieval.
Secondary Functions (less than 10% of time):
- Assists with prescription refills.
- Assists with insurance referrals, OMPRO’s, and waivers.
- Processes and assists with mail.
- Assists with stocking clinical and clerical areas.
- Assists with cleaning instrument and the autoclaving process.
Assists with answering department telephone as needed.