At IMS, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about careers, we think about contributions.
Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader — a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We’re committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IMS means you’ll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client-focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.
Our consultancy division is fast-growing and highly successful, focusing upon delivering tangible business results to our clients who are the decision-makers and business managers across the international pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) is a key area within the consultancy division. A highly qualified team of experts provide a diversity of well researched information to support healthcare decisions that affect the lives of millions of people. As payers and providers become increasingly focused on the value of healthcare the demand for high quality evidence is growing. This aspect of our consultancy covers key disciplines of health economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, and biostatistics. We are part of an international team within the Pricing and Market Access practice which provide high quality services for our clients.
Within HEOR there are four areas where we have built functional depth which we call Centres of Excellence (COE). The purpose of the COEs is not only to better support our clients by providing greater consistency across IMS assets and capturing the full value of our intellectual property and thought leadership, but also to better support our employees in their careers. Our people are able to build depth of knowledge in a COE which provides greater scope for career opportunities as well enabling us to better staff our people on projects. The COEs are known as Health Economics, Retrospective Outcomes Research, Observational Outcomes Research and Market Access.
Analysts are regularly involved in outcomes research, economic analysis of the possible impact of health care interventions and the natural history of a disease. With a diverse mix of clients, typically including the global top 20 pharmaceutical and biotech companies, our work spans the full spectrum of therapeutic and disease areas, providing challenge and variety for our people. Assignments typically require problem solving, outcomes research and economic analysis, communication and dissemination of our findings.
• Supported by experienced HEOR professionals, involved with the review and analysis of client requirements or problems in order to help develop proposals for cost-effective solutions
• Organize and conduct high quality primary and secondary research for clients with input and review, by colleagues
• Develop a basic knowledge of consulting methodologies and the health care sector through the delivery of consulting engagements and participation in formal and informal learning opportunities:
• Provide input to submission documents for national and international market access and reimbursement organisations (NICE, SMC, PBAC etc)
o Assist with the development of value dossiers and communications material for clients
o Assist with client management and attend external meetings
o Assist with project management and project delivery, including oral presentations
• Engagement based responsibilities are assigned and closely managed by consultants, senior consultants, engagement managers or principals
• Support the project team in developing and communicating health economic analyses or environment analyses to clients
• Perform tasks according to skills and experience with support from senior members of the team:
o input to/develop health economic models and support materials
o input to/develop outcomes research projects and support materials e.g. protocols
o support systematic review and meta analysis projects
o review literature to source the required inputs to health economics analyses
o write reports and manuscripts
• Support specific business initiatives
A good grounding in health care research, economics, health economics, or a related discipline is essential – this may be through academic study or gained from on-the-job experience.
• BA/BSc in science or economics or related discipline is essential
• MSc/MPhil/PhD in economics/health economics health services research or a relevant related area is desirable
EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL AND PERSONAL SKILLS
Post graduate work experience in a related area such as economics, health economics, statistics, psychology or science
Experience of working in, health economics/outcomes research/health services research.
Experience in undertaking economic analysis in one of the following environments:
• Pharmaceutical or other Healthcare Industry
• Academic Organisation
• Health Technology Assessment Group
• Health Services Research
• Numerate and good quantitative skills - able to work in Excel to at least Intermediate level and able to provide evidence of this applied in work or academic setting
• Competency in using Word and PowerPoint and an interest in learning relevant decision-support and statistical packages
• High level of literacy – able to appraise evidence critically and write reports and manuscripts in clear, concise language as required by type of work
• Basic understanding of outcomes research and/or economic theory with preferably some applied experience
• Good understanding of and interest in the international health care environment
• Some commercial awareness - basic understanding of the health technology and pharmaceutical industry
• A basic knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques, related to these areas would be useful
IMS Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
. We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for IMS, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
IMS Health is a leading global information and technology services company providing clients in the healthcare industry with comprehensive...