The Buyer will manage the purchase of goods and services for all manufacturing areas of Aristocrat Technologies, Inc. Responsible for vendor research, vendor management, price negotiations, and delivery for all inventory and non-inventory items as well as item and vendor management in the M2K system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the purchase of goods and services for all manufacturing areas of the company.
- Researches vendors, negotiates prices, places orders and arranges delivery for inventory and non-inventory items.
- Negotiates freight terms and expedited shipping when necessary for rush items.
- Conducts daily review of inventory levels for all inventory items and purchases needed items to maintain set inventory limits.
- Determines minimum and maximum levels to be maintained within the inventory system.
- Reviews the weekly sales forecast and evaluates on-hand inventory against expected orders.
- Initiates orders for parts in anticipation of expected orders being received, taking into account the lead-time needed to order particular parts and components.
- Follows up with vendors to insure proper lead and delivery times are being met.
- Meets with sales representatives, researches the market for goods and services, negotiates the most favorable price and shipping arrangements, and arranges for timely delivery.
- Prepares Purchase Orders for approval.
- Coordinates the return of unaccepted goods to the appropriate vendor and negotiates the cost of repair or return.
- Researches inventory and price discrepancies with vendors and resolves problems with received items in excess of the standard cost.
- Reviews Company accounts payables with vendors when necessary.
- Researches unpaid invoices and forwards to the Manager of Purchasing for further action.
- Answers questions from the assembly floor regarding each order and contacts Sales Administration or Engineering to resolve problems with assembly.
- Attends the daily production / DIFOTOQ meeting.
- Participates in special projects and committees regarding manufacturing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees are responsible for their personal safety and the safety of others. Therefore, all employees must:
- Participate fully in company health and safety programs and comply with all company OSHA policies and procedures.
- Follow all lawful employer safety and health rules.
- Wear and / or use Personal Protective Equipment, when and how instructed.
- Report hazardous conditions to management.
- Report any job-related injury or illness to management, and seek treatment promptly.
Education: Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field, or its equivalent.
Experience: Requires three to five years of purchasing in an industrial manufacturing environment or its equivalent. Prefer knowledge and experience in manufacturing production, scheduling, and JIT.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have strong communication skills, able to work independently and be team oriented.
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NVGB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/work station and respond to written and oral cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment.
- May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lbs.
Aristocrat Technologies, Inc. reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.