The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Employment of People with Disabilities -
Schedule A, click
for additional information
Executive Order (EO) 12721
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Non-DoD Transfer (
, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
30% Disabled Veterans
This position is a
position. It cannot be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization without impairing the capability of the organization to- function effectively. Unless an alternate can be designated to perform the duties of this position during wartime, the incumbent of this "Key" position must be screened from military recall status.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- This is a Centrally Managed Position in the Security Career Field.
- Permanent Change of Station costs will be paid IAW AFMAN 36-606.
- Ability to obtain & maintain Top Secret clearance with access to SCI & SAPs
- Must submit to random counter-intelligence polygraph & background checks
- This is a testing designated position, subject to random drug tests
Back to top
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Security Specialist and security advisor, providing oversight and management of multiple security disciplines (information, personnel, industrial, physical, computer, operations and communications security) in support of the 57 Wings advanced and Special Access Programs (SAP).
Implements and administers the SAP information security program.
Serves as a security professional for the development, testing, fielding, and protection of advanced and special access program technologies.
Implements and administers the personnel security program.
Establishes local procedures for processing requests for security accesses for military, civilian, and contractor personnel.
Implements and administers SAP industrial security program.
Review and coordinate on contractor visitor security group agreements and DD Forms 254,
Contract Security Classification Specifications
, for technical accuracy, extent of security protection required, and sufficiency of classification guidance prior to approval.
Implements and administers the physical security program.
Implements DOD, USAF, DIA, and MAJCOM policies and directives for the construction, protection, and operation of all advanced programs facilities to include Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs).
Back to top
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-09) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include
knowledge of a wide range of security concepts, principles, and practices to review, independently analyze, and resolve difficult and complex security problems; apply policy direction to contractors and government/military officials, and develop guidance for applying security policy, procedures, techniques, equipment, and methods to a variety of work situations and various levels or degrees of security controls.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of information, industrial, and personnel security concepts, principles, and practices to plan and implement security programs in these areas.
2. Knowledge of required security special access program (SAP) and sensitive compartmented information (SCI) security procedures.
3. Skill in developing, analyzing, and evaluating security programs to meet mission requirements and improve the security program for the installation.
4. Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
5. Ability to plan, organize work, and meet deadlines.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. The employee is required to obtain and maintain a
clearance with access to SCI and SAPs.
2. The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
3. This position is designated as a
position IAW 36-507. Duties of this position are essential to the accomplishment of wartime/contingency operations. Incumbents of key positions must be removed from their military recall status if alternative for filling of the position during an emergency are not available.
4. Employee may be required to take a random counter-intelligence polygraph and submit to background checks as a condition of employment and/or continued access to the SAP.
5. This position has been identified as a designated position under the Air Force Drug Testing Plan. Incumbent(s) of this position is subject to the possibility of a random drug test.
6. This position is a designated national security position.
7. This position is indexed as requiring a Tier I, Security Fundamentals, DoD Certification. Employee must obtain the required certification within one year of entering on duty in this position or obtain an approved time waiver.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click
To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8
or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may not be used.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, February 20, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 841367. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
4475 England Ave Ste 137
Department of the Air Force - 10 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...