Supply Planning COE Item Data Administrator
Purpose of Role:
The Item Data Administrator is responsible for the management of finished goods item (FGI) reference data and processes within Mars Chocolate NA. This role coordinates the design and development of FGI data business processes and drives awareness of FGI data within the business.
This finished good item data processes supports manufacturing, logistics, order processing, and sales organizations.
The Item Data Administrator will ensure that item reference data meets agreed data quality standards.
In addition, the Item Data Administrator is the knowledge manager in the source and use of item reference data within Mars Chocolate NA.
Although primarily responsible for FGI data, this position will also provide back-up support for other Master Data Management subject areas (i.e. Customer, Price, and Promotion).
Key Skills Required:
- Key internal and external customer contact for problem resolution and projects related to FGI data.
- Prepare, coordinate and execute item reference data updates in various systems
- Provide Data Management knowledge to the Activity Management projects and process
- Support internal control audit processes and procedures
- Support testing and implementation of new systems and enhancements
- Develop and maintain material management procedures, forms and documentation
- Participate in the activity management process, manage item lifecycles from new item set-up to development through archival stages
- Analyze user Change Requests to ensure feasibility, data quality and compliance to standards
- Able to determine the root cause of data issues based upon downstream process failures
- Excellent organizational and work management skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, independent decision making and complex problem solving skills
- Proficiency using MicroSoft Office
2 years of experience in Supply Chain (Logistics, Customer Care, Information Technology, Data Administration)
Demonstrated understanding of information systems and technology
Ability to travel 5% of the time
High school diploma or GED
Successful completion of a drug and background screen
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain / Information Systems
Experience with project management lifecycle, processes, and tools (EBC)
Understanding of a broad range of business processes, especially with respect to the development, production and distribution of finished goods.
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Mars - 17 months ago
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...