DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
DuPont is seeking Maintenance / Reliability Engineers who will provide mechanical engineering support to the Dupont Titanium Technologies facility in DeLisle, MS. The DeLisle site operates a chloride process in the production of titanium dioxide pigment grades used in various coatings and plastics. The DeLisle site has a 30+ year history of safe, cost-effective operations that provides a challenging atmosphere for its employees.
An engineer will be assigned to one of the Operating Areas to support daily maintenance activities for mechanical crews and operators. The role will support efforts to improve Site Reliability, Mechanical Integrity, Quality Assurance and Preventable Maintenance, to support and enhance the Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance (MIQA) requirements of DuPont's Process Safety Management (PSM) program at the site. The engineer will be expected to drive mechanical issues to root cause improvements using a team-based approach. This role will include analyses of a range of equipment issues as well as maintenance and reliability support. The engineer will be expected to provide timely, accurate analyses and recommendations for small, acute issues, as well as develop long term strategies for defect elimination and improved operations, and taking ownership for implementation.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide mechanical engineering assistance to maintenance and operations including: troubleshooting, evaluation of equipment failures, and technical recommendations for repairs and upgrades, and ownership of improvements.
- Develop knowledge in area specific equipment to become subject matter experts for the review and preparation of maintenance inspection & work procedures and skills development/training.
- Initiate management of change documents to improve the safety, quality, environmental impact or cost of the production area.
- Provide technical assistance to develop and implement Mechanical Integrity/Quality Assurance (MI/QA), reliability, and PPM programs for the unit. Audit Mechanical Integrity systems and maintenance activities for improvement opportunities.
- Participate in process hazards analyses and scope development for capital projects.
- Lead area root cause failure analysis teams, kaizen events, and problem solving sessions. Understand Mean Time Between Failure (MBTF) performance of the equipment and drive continuous improvement in them.
- Prepare and audit scopes of work, estimates, schedules and equipment specifications.
- Periodically review preventive maintenance plans to assure optimum process and frequency of performance, for reliability and Mechanical Integrity needs.
- Evaluate vendor proposals and designs and exercise effective judgment around functionality, cost, and timing.
- Network with site reliability engineers and technicians to support improvement initiatives.
- Support DuPont Production System Implementation Task Force teams in Business Centered Maintenance and Autonomous Maintenance modules.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer
Minimum Basic Requirements:
Undergraduate Engineering degree with at least 3 years previous reliability engineering experience within a plant manufacturing environment.
BS plus 3 years reliability engineering experience
B.S in Mechanical or Materials Engineering preferred with 5-10 years previous reliability engineering experience within a Chemical Plant Manufacturing environment.
Key Attributes Needed:
- Ability to manage and lead both strategic long-term programs/projects as well as address short-term operational issues.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas with a diverse team.
- Ability to manage work and undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence leadership, peers, and mechanics; able to take a "hands-on" approach with operators and mechanics to drive change and get results.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited too, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Understanding of general Maintenance Work Flows and ability to be part of team optimizing work efficiently.
- Knowledge of corporate standards.
- Familiarity with national standards such as RAGEGAP, API Standards 510 & 570 & 653, and ASME Codes B31.1 &B31.3 and NBIC.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance systems, with respect to Process Safety requirements.
- Knowledge of SAP (or related Computer Maintenance Management Systems) very desirable, and knowledge of Meridium would be beneficial.
- Understanding of machine shop operations and fabrication techniques.
- Understanding of PSM systems and high hazard processes.
- Knowledge of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), and reliability analytical tools.
- Six Sigma or Lean certification.
Reliability & Equipment Engineer
North America-USA-Mississippi-PASS CHRISTIAN-DELISLE [DUPONT](3331)
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...