Must hold a current unrestricted license as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of employment, a valid CPR card, and be certified in a Board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties. A minimum of 5 years clinical experience in a mental health care setting. A minimum of 1 year experience in primary care with correctional healthcare preferred. Must possess strong written communication and verbal skills and have strong computer skills,with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in management.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Psychiatrist, and the Assistant Vice-President of Operations, the Corporate Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is responsible for ensuring that company goals and objectives are achieved in their assigned service delivery area, leading, directing, managing, and evaluating medical services to ensure that contractual obligations and client expectations are met. Responsible for assuring all mental health services are in compliance with the requirements of NCCHC, ACA, and professional standards.
BB. Participate and assist with coordination of all monthly, quarterly and annual meetings in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain overall administrative responsibility for the mental health program within the company.
- Utilize appropriate resources, including the clinical support of the Chief Psychiatrist, to resolve routine clinical issues and performance improvement processes.
- Understand and ensure adherence to all contract terms, conditions and requirements. Provide feedback and plan to the client regarding any issues or variances regarding contract performance. Review Dashboards daily to ensure all mental health needs are being met within all facilities.
- Participate in a collaborative approach of patient management using the knowledge and clinical resources of every member of the mental health care staff to provide the resolution of diagnostic and therapeutic problems and the implementation of effective solutions.
- Monitor referrals to outside mental health care facilities for appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care. Ensure that all orders, treatments, or recommendations are reviewed and countersigned following outside referrals.
- Ensure all non-formulary medication utilization and participate in formulary development and review to provide a full scope of medical benefit at optimum cost.
- Oversee the completion of mental health screenings and evaluations in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure patient treatment is conducted according to company policies and procedures to include, but not limited to, admission and discharge from the mental health unit, housing change requests, seclusion, suicide precautions, close observation, and observation level changes.
- Ensure 24 hour phone consultation and support for the mental health.
- Coordinate discharge planning with institutional and mental health staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Consult with site and community mental health providers to resolve issues in delivering services to patients when not available through on-site resources.
- Maintain overall primary care responsibility for the management of mental health services, including those services provided by consultants and outside resources. Track and understand the healthcare activities undergone by each patient for whom NaphCare has responsibility.
- Establish systems for the coordination of care among multidisciplinary health care providers.
- Supervise and coach site mental health staff by developing goals that will prepare staff members for succession planning and provide constructive and timely feedback to assist in obtaining professional goals. Ensure all annual performance evaluations are conducted and completed.
- Responsible for ensuring that mental health providers are educated on contract terms and obligations, and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with recruiting efforts for site mental health staff and demonstrate proficiency in assessing and selecting candidates using interview techniques that help identify potential candidates with skills that fit in the corrections environment.
- Complete reporting tasks as assigned by company policies and procedures, ensure that direct reports follow reporting requirements, submit all reports within time frame, and ensure that all information is accurate and accountable.
- Use all functions and application of TechCareTM relevant to the position with no supervision, and ensure that all mental health staff are trained and using TechCare in accordance to policy and procedure.
- Proactively take action to solve problems and uses objectivity and insightfulness when approaching problems, meet established goals, and take responsibility for results and outcomes.
- Fundamentally understand the organizational structure and how to appropriately access resources. Use business knowledge and acumen to influence others. Communicate NaphCare’s organizational vision, strategy and objectives within own team.
- Demonstrate professionalism by using objectivity, maintaining self-control when under pressure, separating professional from personal issues, displaying emotional maturity, maintaining a high degree of integrity, and promoting a positive work environment by setting an example.
- Build productive working relationships with supervisors, security staff, healthcare staff, patients, vendors, and client. Establish and maintain professional relationships where you will be viewed by others as trusted and respectful.
- Seek mentors for coaching and counseling to support professional growth. Achieve established goals, communicate barriers in accomplishing goal, and seek assistance and additional resources when needed to meet goal expectations.
- Promote team building verses atmosphere of competition, recognize individual and team accomplishments. Encourage members of the team to share ideas and participate in discussions and decisions. Promote team approach with client and vendors, and ensure that this approach is implemented with all levels of staff.
- Completes at least 12 hours of CME pertinent to correctional health care per year.
- Maintain a web of influence and communicate by making visits at least monthly, and maintain an open communication with clients and web of influence.
- Notify critical information to the next level of management that may have a negative impact on client or vendor relations.
NaphCare, Inc. - 23 months ago
NaphCare, Inc. is uniquely qualified as a correctional healthcare partner, having provided a wide range of services since 1989. Our...