The Admissions Representative-Associate is an entry level position that is responsible for inpatient registration, insurance verification and benefit counseling functions. The position is accountable for multiple electronic work queues in performing their duties. The incumbent works with internal and external customers, including patients, families, third party payers, nurses, and review organizations to accomplish their objectives. The Associate performs in a training capacity and is differentiated from the Objective in the autonomy of work performed.
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
3. Customer service experience required.
4. Prior UW Health Revenue Cycle (healthcare business, financial or insurance) experience preferred.
5. Experience with Epic or medical office workflows preferred.
6. Combination of experience and education will be considered.
7. Ability to problem-solve.
8. Ability to work in a busy and demanding environment.
9. Experience in providing a high level of customer service.
10. Must be detail oriented and accurate.
11. Displays a professional appearance.
12. Demonstrates service excellence in previous positions.
13. Good written and oral communication skills.
14. Displays an aptitude and willingness to learn new responsibilities.
15. The ability to operate office machines/computers.
16. Efficient and accurate typing skills.
17. Working knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations
18. Ability to prioritize and complete required tasks within established time schedules.
19. Physical Requirements: Light - Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Multiple Posting Levels
This position is being posted at multiple levels. Selection would be based on seniority as follows: the candidate with the highest seniority across all levels will be selected unless the candidate at the higher level has special skills and abilities required for the position.
This is a Represented position and falls into Pay Grade I. The salary range begins at $15.12 per hour. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
This position will be 7 shifts on and 7 shifts off, Wednesday through Friday. Weekend shift every other weekend is required.
This position is in the "WSEU" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Vacation (14 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Holidays (9 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (13 days/year)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERS)
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Ashley Jones for more information at ABurnett@uwhealth.org or at 608-265-6672.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
-More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
-Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
-Nine satellite locations .
-One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
How to Apply
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 16 months ago