Located in Brookville, N.Y., LIU Post offers more than 200 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and certificate programs at one of Long Island's most scenic locations along the Gold Coast. Ranked a Best Regional University by U.S. News and World Report, the university features world-class faculty, a vibrant campus life, and residence halls for more than 1,600 students, as well as state-of-the-art athletics facilities including Bethpage Federal Credit Union Stadium. Graduates who earn their degrees from LIU Post have achieved great distinction in the fields of dance, theater, art, television, movies, music, management and finance, health care, education, and technology.
The Dean hires, supervises, creates performance metrics for and mentors admissions staff. He/she cultivates and maintains relationships and acts as an inspiring and articulate spokesperson for the university, with external agencies, organizations and schools. The Dean generates, prepares and provides a variety of reports and data concerning admissions, recruitment and general office management. He/she researches and updates admission practices, policies, and technology as needed. He/she remains up-to-date on best practices in the field of admissions/enrollment management. The Dean plans and manages admissions operational budget. The Dean performs other duties as needed or assigned by the Vice President for Enrollment.
Qualifications: Demonstrated expertise in recruitment, including the ability to attain aggressive growth goals; five to seven years progressively responsible experience with undergraduate and graduate recruitment; experience with and commitment to working with diverse populations; innovative self-starter able to work independently as well as part of a team; excellent communication skills, diplomacy, negotiation and public speaking skills; expertise with multi-tasking and organizational skills; experience in managing budgets with creative resource utilization; strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision making; a positive, results-oriented, flexible attitude that is supportive of the institution's directions and priorities. Applicants must have the ability to maintain confidentiality; must have at least five years of supervisory experience, including hiring, training and performance management; must have the ability to travel up to 6 weeks per year, possess valid driver's license and must be able to work evenings and weekends. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Explorer and student information systems, ERP/PeopleSoft preferred and prior experience and/or interest in progressive and contemplative education.
- Develop and oversee plans for the achievement of enrollment goals as outlined in the Campus and University strategic plans
- Develop and supervise staff to ensure best practices and capabilities to achieve the department's goals and outcomes. Create a creative, dynamic, productive team culture that delivers strong customer service and personal attention to students and parents, and engender a philosophy of progressive student development and retention
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships within the LIU community and outside the University
- Assess internal and external data and trends to inform planning and budgeting processes as well as provide strategic adjustments in ongoing admissions, enrollment and retention initiatives
- Participate in campus working groups and administrative committees
- Direct the development of operational improvements utilizing ERP/PeopleSoft systems to automate processes, decisions and communications
- Lead the effort to migrate the operations from the traditional SEM model to a paperless environment
- Oversee all assessment and outcomes reporting, including setting goals and productivity outcomes
- Lead the marketing and communications division of the department and regularly interface with University Marketing
- Be responsible for all campus open-house events (including Fall and Spring Enrollment Days)
Salary commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com
LIU is proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v. We are committed to seeking qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. We encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.