Aspect is a global software and IT services firm specializing in applying Microsoft unified communications and collaboration to help customers achieve optimal results through enhanced business processes across the enterprise and in the contact center. Aspect provides IT consulting, integration services and business applications. For more information, visit www.aspect.com. Follow Aspect on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AspectUC.
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
Provide remote technical and application problem resolution and escalation assistance related to Aspect products. Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug complex computer systems and software. Respond to situations where end users have failed to isolate or resolve problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain and maintain knowledge of assigned customers' technical and business environment.
- Provide in-depth problem determination and verification, including (but not limited to) Root Cause Analysis reports. Troubleshoot and resolve issues utilizing all available tools, resources, and documentation. Engage additional resources when necessary.
- Provide effective and consistent communication to management, peers and account team in support of customer. Ensure customers understand the contact center management concepts behind the software.
- Take ownership for front line service and support to internal and external customers.
- Provide work support and guidance to less senior Customer Support Engineers.
- Working knowledge of main Aspect products and strategy
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understanding of PCs, Networks, OS platforms, databases, telephony, software applications, third party trouble identification, and ACDs.
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex software tools quickly.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Ability to use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways. Ability to work with limited direction to independently determine and develop an approach to solutions that contribute to the development of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to provide resolutions to problems of complex and diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- 2-5 years relevant work experience supporting customers in a technical environment preferred OR commensurate college-level coursework, or a combination of both.
- Technical Certifications and second or third languages a plus but not required
- Some travel, after-hours, or on-call work may be required.
- Shift flexibility including weekends.
- Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
Aspect Software Inc. - 21 months ago