The role of Media Technician will require working directly with faculty, staff and students in support of the technology required to maintain and operate the audio/visual and video equipment in public conference rooms and meetings spaces at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
Flexibility is required for weekend coverage and on-call rotations.
- Provide teaching podium support for powerpoint presentations and monitor lighting and other environmental issues in auditoriums.
- Provide operation of large format LCD projection systems
- Provide audio support with ancillary microphone requirements including monitoring and adjustment of audio and general program levels.
- Provide audio capture duties.
- Initiate IP video codec connections with internal bridge and/or affiliate locations
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
- High School grad or GED, college preferred.
- Experience with CD-ROM, DVD, portable media and associated technologies for transfer and display of files for teaching stations.
- A minimum of 1-year experience with audio/visual and video conferencing.
- Technical training required (Associates Degree or Certificate preferred).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows/Mac OS.
- Knowledge of PC/MAC hardware is necessary.
- Willingness to learn network based control systems for video conferencing.
- Excellent Customer service and communication skills mandatory.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center