Support the Reinsurance Group of Brandywine from a financial management and reporting perspective. Manage the collection of Letters of Credit and other collateral associated with reinsurers assigned to Brandywine. Ensure the timely creation, accuracy and distribution of management reports which are used by senior management to determine the progress of the Group. Provide financial and statistical reports in a timely and accurate manner.
RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Reinsurance this position will need to operate within Brandywine policies and procedures by interacting effectively with other areas of Brandywine, ARS, Treasury, Systems, Brokers and Reinsurers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reconcile assigned accounts for the requesting of collateral, prepare collateral requests, and follow up with the brokers and reinsurers until collateral is obtained.
2. Provide for the timely and accurate preparation of financial and statistical reports. Have the ability to interpret requests for ad hoc reports and compile data under time constraints.
3. Research and resolve receivable discrepancies with reinsurers and brokers in order to produce cash payment. Elevate unresolved collection issues to management.
4. Interpret reinsurance contracts especially in relation to the billing and cash funding requirements. Compare reinsurance contract terms to the contract system data set up and advise of changes when necessary.
5. Research and resolve complex and difficult accounting and statistical discrepancies utilizing systems reports, conversion records and correspondence when available. Coordinate with Brandywine management as well as business units and processing organizations in order to provide timely responses to reinsurer and broker inquiries. Initiate corrective action as required.
6. Assist in the planning and implementation of special projects and other duties and tasks in order to meet both client and company objectives within established time frames. May act for or represent the Vice President to lead or coordinate projects.
1. Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Mathematics. Experience in Reinsurance/ Insurance preferred.
2. Excellent organizational skills; ability to identify/analyze situations or issues and determine practical/innovative solutions and establish priorities to address objectives; ability to work independently or within a team.
3. Superior communication and presentation skills sufficient to describe and explain business situations and problems. Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to persuade and deal with brokers/reinsurers as well as various levels of internal personnel.
4. Advanced analytical and mathematical aptitude and problem-solving skills to deal with interpretive accounting issues.
5. Strong IT skills involving EXCEL, the ability to pull data in Access, FIN/MIS/Cognos, PeopleSoft and Quantum
Ace Group - 2 years ago
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...