A Dynamics-AX Developer will be focused on converting functional requirement designs into technical designs. This will be a collaborative effort between the functional consultant / solution architect and the developer. After the technical design is completed the developer will work with the customer to get sign-off on the design document and provide an estimate for build, test, and deploy phases.
A Developer will be part of one or multiple teams that will use problem-solving skills to design, develop and rollout Dynamics AX for Tribridge clients. Each Developer will be placed on a project team that will be defined and organized according to the skills and experience required for the implementation. The Developer will be familiar with software implementation and structured implementation methodologies.
AX developers will spend a majority of their time executing tasks related to client delivery around customizations, report writing, data migration, integrations, and some installation tasks. Most of this client time will be focused on detailed project tasks. Any non-client time will be spent on personal training, internal projects and administrative tasks.
Developers work will be performed at our client sites for some or all design activities but development and testing maybe performed off-site. Overnight travel of up to 75 - 100% is inherent to this role depending on the phase of the project. Client locations may also be spread out over a geographic area and will require additional daily driving time for team members to reach their work site. Tribridge will reimburse for mileage and out of town travel expenses incurred while working on client sites according to the Tribridge stated policies.
- Perform business requirements analysis and design
- Perform gap analysis between Dynamics AX functionality and client's requirements
- Identify and recommend product customizations, enhancements, or workarounds to meet client requirements
- Develop technical specifications for Dynamics AX enhancements and integrations to other business applications
- Program modifications based on specifications
- Develop data conversion and testing strategies
- Perform data conversions into Dynamics-AX
- Report writing in SSRS Reports/AX Reporting Services
- Manage individual budget, scope of work, and ETC
- Train client technical teams in system administration, patch installation, and environment management
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- 4-year degree in Business, Accounting, MIS or equivalent required
- 2-3+ years technical expertise in developing/implementing in Microsoft Dynamics AX required
- Minimum 2 years of experience with OOP extending or building from scratch ERP System Functionality
- Experience with integrating to and from Dynamic AX using AIF or similar technologies
- Experience with AX 2009 required, experience with AX 2012 preferred
- 3-5 years technical ERP software development experience required
- 2+ years development experience in X++, Morphx, or .Net
- Familiarity and experience with BI, Workflow, and Role Centers customization preferred
- Experience with converting data from Legacy systems into Dynamics AX
- Experience with .Net, SRS, WSPS or MOSS preferred
- Dynamics AX Programming and Install and Configuration certification preferred
- Some functional knowledge of the finance, trade and logistics, and production modules; Other module knowledge such as Projects and MRP preferred
- Large consulting organization experience preferred
- MCSD, MCDBA preferred
Profile for Success:
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude: self-motivated, self-directed
- Flexibility: task assignment, priorities, work environment
- Open minded, desire to learn
- Quick thinker, creative problem solver
- Willingness to do some traveling
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, numerical, planning and reasoning abilities
- Ability to work independently and on a team
Some of the benefits include:
- Medical Insurance, eligibility starts your first day of employment with a significant portion provided by Tribridge
- Dental Insurance, eligibility starts your first day of employment with a significant portion provided by Tribridge
- Paid Time Off is granted on your first day of employment
- 401K Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life & Disability Insurances
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 15 to 25 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Community Service Time off
- Training Budget
- Bonus & Incentive Programs
- Year Round Business Casual Dress Code
Founded in 1998, Tribridge is a leading IT services provider dedicated to helping customers leverage cloud and on-premise business solutions to become more productive, profitable, competitive and secure. Specializing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and ERP, SharePoint and other essential productivity solutions, the firm's more than 450 professionals capitalize on an award-winning combination of industry expertise, technical proficiency and proven service methodology to create an exceptional customer experience and promote a solid return on IT investments. In 2012, Tribridge was selected by Microsoft as the Worldwide Dynamics Partner of the Year for the 3 rd time in 5 years along with multiple regional awards related to service excellence and growth. Tribridge is one of only 2 members of Microsoft’s elite NSI (National Systems Integrators) program that is directly managed for both Dynamics and Platform delivery. Tribridge serves over 3,500 companies representing a variety of industries throughout the U.S.
Ranked in the top 20 in the Workplace Dynamics Top Places to Work 2010 Survey, Tribridge has built a sustainable and growing business by focusing on the needs of our team members. We attract top-performing, experienced team members and encourage them to “think like owners,” making decisions in the best interests of the organizations they serve. Our goal is to create a fast-paced growth environment that challenges the best and brightest in the industry and rewards them with a career that offers a balanced lifestyle, professional peer experience and a financial share of our overall success.
If offered employment, must have legal right to work in U.S. EOE.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Tribridge - 2 years ago