This position is the direct liaison between the facility and the central procurement team and is accountable for the coordination of all tasks / processes concerning the acquisition of product, equipment, and service within a facility. The position works closely with central buyers and end-users to ensure quality service.
1. Works with Purchasing and requestor in resolving any issues with confirmations or problem resolution (including substitutions, missing items, etc).
2. Assists receiving personnel and buyers in receiving problem resolution. Works directly with outside suppliers on problem solving as related to shipping, handling, minimum orders, etc.
3. Responsible to work with departments and buyers in the processing of repairs, credits, returns, reprocessing, or exchanges. This involves getting RGA/RMA numbers, collecting information, tracking of product and the updating the MDF with current information. This includes assisting buyers with proper paperwork to manage consignment and other specialized orders.
4. As needed or assigned, will assist and/or support inventory management functions for the OR (or other facility asset locations) in order to maintain optimal inventory levels in meeting patient care needs. This may include but is not limited to reordering, cycle counts, and emergency preparedness inventory functions.
5. As needed or assigned, performs scanning and indexing for local acquisition documents (packing slips, MDF, delivery tickets, etc.).
6. As needed, assists with recalls where product needs returning.
7. Works with and assists Buyers and Accounts Payable to reconcile reports and resolve invoice issues in an accurate and timely manner.
8. Works to ensure that customer satisfaction is being maintained throughout the procurement process by serving as an ‘on site’ resource for facility customers.
Two years of materials management, distribution or purchasing experience.
Experience in a role requiring a working knowledge of a Materials Management Information System (MMIS) or experience with an automated purchasing system.
Experience in a role requiring attention to detail, sound decision making ability and problem solving skills.
Experience in a role requiring a customer service focus.
Experience in a role requiring the ability to organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and to meet deadlines.
Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity
Two years of supply chain experience and an additional two years of purchasing or materials management experience.
Experience in healthcare purchasing.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V