Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC owns and operates facilities in Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska that produce anhydrous ammonia, UAN and urea. Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC, operates a production facility in Brandon, Manitoba, that produces anhydrous ammonia, ammonium nitrate, UAN and urea. In addition, Koch Fertilizer, LLC owns storage and terminal assets in northwest Europe with trading offices in Switzerland, France and United Kingdom.
Koch Nitrogen Company LLC is seeking a motivated and self driven
to join our fertilizer shipping and storage terminal located in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa. The successful candidate will be responsible for operations and maintenance of an anhydrous ammonia terminal consisting of receipt ammonia from pipeline, ammonia refrigeration & storage, ammonia heating, and I&E control systems also including the operations and maintenance of the UAN & dry loading/unloading facility. The successful candidate will perform other duties as assigned to assist the terminal leader in all aspects of compliance.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as required and be on a 24 hour on-call schedule nights and weekends
- Must live within 30 minutes of the Sgt. Bluff terminal
- Ability to understand procedures, safety & environmental risks associated with related handling, shipping & storing anhydrous ammonia, dry fertilizer and UAN
- Mechanical aptitude or background
- Good documentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated abilities to lead and develop people
- Effectively communicate to managers, customers and peers
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Technical experience or equivalent background
- Must be able to climb stairs to heights in excess of 100 ft
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Pass a pulmonary breathing test and wear a gas mask type respirator and full Level A PPE
- Experience working with chemical shipping & storage equipment or equivalent skills and the ability to demonstrate adequate knowledge of the equipment and ammonia refrigeration process
- Experience or training in installation, maintaining, operation and troubleshooting electronic control and process systems
- Experience and knowledge of DOT pipeline operations and requirements
- Instrumentation controls/electrical technician background
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Maximo (CMMS) and Outlook
- 2+ years’ experience in ammonia terminal or equivalent
- Related Technical experience or training
- Associate or Bachelor degree in related field from an accredited institution
- I&E Technical degree from an accredited institution or equivalent background
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC
Koch Industries, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job