Sr IT System engineer in the Cross Platform Services - Information Security Infrastructure & Engineering environment within IT Production Services. This role is responsible for designing, developing, and engineering complex technology solutions within the Information Security and Threat & Vulnerability infrastructure space to meet business requirements with a broad range of technical and interpersonal skills and is responsible for the following functions:
Provides Tier 3 technical support to technical and business customers.
- Functions as technical engineer, subject matter expert, system architect, infrastructure and operational support for the Information Security and Threat & Vulnerability suite of products.
- Performs daily monitoring and troubleshooting of operational issues.
- Architects, plans, implements and tests complex Information Security infrastructure solutions.
- Partners with business clients, support, engineering and operational teams to optimize processes, manage product life cycles, deliver cost-effective solutions and maximize the supportability, usability, stability and flexibility of Information Security infrastructure solutions
- Provides technical consultation and direction on application design, architecture and system performance, and evolving technologies.
- Performs requirements gathering, initial engineering design, platform/environment integration and evolution planning to support highly reliable, available, scalable, and cost-effective solutions.
Interfaces with Architecture teams regarding the ratification and implementation of new Architecture standards.
Interfaces with product vendors for escalated support and advanced product knowledge.
Responsible for daily health, monitoring and availability of application infrastructure.
3+ years engineering experience in Middleware & Utilities, Information Security Infrastructure or related technologies in mid-size to large corporate environments.
5+ years IT Infrastructure Support experience in large corporate environments designing, implementing, deploying and customizing Infrastructure applications, Middleware or Information Security/Threat & Vulnerability systems.
Good written and verbal communications skills with customer service focus.
BS / MS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, technical designations and work experience.
Experience designing, implementing and supporting complex Information Security infrastructure and Threat & Vulnerability platforms desired.
IBM Guradium, FireEye, ArcSight, NeXpose, Linux, Windows Server, SQL, Perl, Java programming, experience desired
TIAA-CREF - 17 months ago
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...