Sure our name is silly, but Big Ass Fans is serious about being the best: the best in fan design and engineering, the best in customer service and the best place to work. That's why we are looking for great talent to help us get there.
That's not to say Big Ass Fans isn't already a force to be reckoned with. Since our beginning in 1999 we have experienced phenomenal growth. Our staff has grown from two eager entrepreneurs to a worldwide team of over 300 employees.
Bring Your Best to the Table
Big Ass Fans is looking for big thinkers. Big Ideas are what helped us become the world-class company we are today. We have a multi-phase interview and testing process to help us find the bright minds who will help lead the company into the future. It doesn't matter if you are fresh from the graduation aisle or a seasoned pro. If you are smart, savvy and driven, Big Ass Fans is looking for you.
At Big Ass Fans the work is fast-paced and challenging, but the rewards are great. Enjoy a rapidly growing company with excellent benefits.
As Product Manager , you are charged with ensuring product line contribution. This includes increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and others in the market. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
We describe our ideal employee as:
To succeed as a Product Manager, you will need to demonstrate a high level of:
- Smart – highly intelligent in a practical way (not just "book smart").
- Takes initiative – recognizes an opportunity and moves quickly to take advantage of it.
- Committed – willing to work hard and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Curious – genuinely, intensely curious about the world and people around them.
- Adaptable – readily adjusting oneself and one’s responses to changes in situation or business climate.
Your role will include these critical activities:
- Innovation – creating changes in product offerings, services, or operations which meaningfully improve the experience of a large number of people.
- Communication – effectively communicating with people at all levels inside the company, and with different customers; speaking the “language” of each contact (e.g., sales, engineering); communicating with all “types” of people (e.g., analytic, relational).
- Leading Without Authority – using a combination of influencing, negotiating, relationship building, and similar skills to engage the support of key stakeholders.
- Business Acumen – understanding how to identify market opportunities, the importance of competitive differentiation, creating winning product strategy, pricing and promotion, partnerships, analyzing P&L statements, etc.
- Attention to Detail – focusing on the details of product features, competitive analysis, project plans, etc.
- Critical Thinking – exhibiting the intellectual discipline of actively conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating information to create solutions.
Finally, you must also convince us that you have:
- New Product Planning involves sifting through new product ideas, evaluations of new features, and possibly new market entries. It includes planning enhancements and derivatives of existing products as well. This work includes ideation activities, concept screens, product feasibility assessments, business case preparation, staffing assessment/resource allocation, and overall product definition.
- New Product Introduction involves actual product development (creating the product) activities, cross functional team management, product launch, and ensuring the on-time delivery of product. This is the execution of all new product planning work.
- Post-Launch Product Management involves strategic and tactical management of products which are already in the market, adjusting the marketing mix, and influencing new product plans for derivatives, line extensions, new features, new markets, etc., as well as inputs to plans for replacement products.
- Technical Learning – A successful candidate will have a solid engineering background giving you the ability to relate well with our engineers and a grasp of the technical details driving our products.
- Consumer Products Experience – Background in development of consumer products preferred.
- Product Manager Experience – Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Product Manager required.
- Direct Marketing Experience – Minimum of 5 years' experience in a direct-to-consumer market.
Big Ass Fan Company, the name says it all. Delta T Corporation, doing business as Big Ass Fans, makes six-to-24 foot diameter ceiling fans....