Our client is a global software development company that caters to the SMB marketplace. They are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and have won awards for "Best Places to Work" in Tampa and Florida. They offer an excellent professional, yet casual work environment, and a very competitive compensation package, including: Health Care Coverage (medical and dental), Long Term Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage, 401(k), HSA, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- CONTRACT in Clearwater, FL
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails (RoR) Developer to join our team. This candidate must possess skills necessary to develop and maintain a Ruby on Rails (RoR) web project. We are targeting deployment on Ubuntu servers, therefore the candidate should be experienced in installing the Ubuntu operating system, configuring the server, installing components and development packages. Knowledge of latest Rails 2.3.x features is a must.
- 3-5 years of development experience using Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with CVS or other source code control systems
- Knowledge of AuthLogic, Rake Tasks, Delayed Job
- Expert in UNIX environments (Ubuntu, Mac OS X)
- Skilled in setting up Unix operating systems, network configuration
- Experience with CSS stylesheets.
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://tampa.vereduscorp.com/
- Unix C / C++ Development
- Familiar with GIT Source control system
- Other object-oriented languages (Java, C#) is a plus
- Postfix experience, configuring Email servers with message filters.
- Strong HTML / CSS UI experience is a plus
- Experience with automated unit testing
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
: Medical Benefits
: Consultant Lunches and Outings
: Dental Benefits
: Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
: ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
: Consultant Web-Site
: Name Plates
: Care packages/Survival packs
: Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation - 17 months ago
Veredus provides the best IT professionals for contract and permanent placement. By taking the time to understand each company’s...