This employee will serve as a tour guide, a visitor services specialist, and a program assistant in various locations within the Historical Museum at 130 Summit Ave. and at the Caldwell Center on W. Cornwallis Dr. Tour guides must provide superior customer service, be able to learn historical information, and lead public tours. The successful candidate will greet visitors, assist with museum event management and set-up, interact with visitors to maintain exhibit security, take incoming phone calls and assist with various clerical tasks. The employee will interact with visitors as interpreters and security assistants, help with rentals and special events, and support general museum operations. This person must have strong verbal skills. This position requires the visual ability to monitor exhibition areas for security needs. The physical requirements of this position include, but are not limited to: bending, stooping, walking distances which include steps, and lifting up to 25 lbs. as required for events setup. This is a year-round position. The work schedule is every other weekend, and will include an additional 6.5 hours per month to assist with program needs as scheduled.
The job is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA.
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred
- High School Diploma / GED
- One year experience, either paid or volunteer, working with the public in an educational setting such as a school, daycare, recreation program or senior center (indicate on application)
- Experience with customer service (indicate on application)
Special Notes Concerning This Position:
- Bachelors degree in history or education
- Two years of experience in a museum, either paid or volunteer (indicate on application)
City of Greensboro, NC - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -