Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Transmission Department Manager - Electrical Engineering
Type of Position:
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
• Professional Engineers License (PE)
• Bachelor's in Electrical, Civil or Structural Engineering from a 4-year accredited college or university.
• Must have 15+ years of experience in electrical power design/engineering of High Voltage transmission lines.
• This experience should include progressive experience in managing medium to large transmission line design teams.
• Must be familiar with the National Electrical Code.
• Masters in Electrical, Civil, or Structural Engineering with focus in Power Systems
• Experience with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and TOWER software.
• Experience with MFAD or Caisson software
• EHV Design Experience
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are available for this position.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you're equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It's why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Power—Around the world, we have helped clients in the nuclear, fossil fuel, and other power-production markets produce and deliver nearly 250,000 megawatts of electricity—more than any other contractor. We continue to support Power Delivery operations with consulting services, alliance programs, and award-winning system additions and upgrades.
URS Corporation is seeking a Transmission Department Manager to support our continued growth in performing Power Delivery projects in the West.
This position will be based in the Denver, CO office.
• Short- and long-range planning and plan implementation to achieve group objectives.
• Assisting group management in assigning qualified Project Engineering Managers and Supervising Discipline Engineers for each project.
• Assisting the Business Development department in proposal preparation and in presenting company capabilities.
• Cooperating with Project Engineering Managers and Chief Discipline Engineers in client relations regarding engineering problems.
• Monitoring compliance with state law requirements related to practice of engineering.
Under minimal direction, completes engineering assignments of advanced complexity.
• Overall technical performance and quality of engineering and design on all assigned projects in his/her geographical area of responsibility
• Comprehensive understanding of a specific discipline and has basic understanding of other disciplines.
• May provide technical guidance to a modest sized group of engineers, designers, and specialists.
• Fully versed with the preparation and execution of project scope with a specific discipline.
• Fully versed with and can check and review the work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations as well as the approval, revision, retention, and storage of calculations with a specific discipline.
• Can oversee the review and checking of construction and vendor drawings.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
• Understands the external factors that impact specific engineering problems.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Fully understands and reviews interdisciplinary vendor documents.
• Leads or assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor it to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Leads estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
• Fully understands and assists with the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed in the project change control process and can identify a potential change.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline's equipment and material lists, and has the ability to instruct others in understanding their use and requirements.
• Maintains positive working relationships with peer leaders.
• Builds productive relationships with organizations in and external to Engineering
• Encourages professional advancement and knowledge through participation in industry engineering societies, committees and conferences, and in industry sales presentations.
• Establishes and maintains an environment conducive to attracting capable personnel and achieving high productivity
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...