SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service of a comprehensive array of networked and integrated fire alarm and suppression, security, and communications systems. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for an Inspector in our Alarm and Detection group.
Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections. P
erform routine inspections, testing, servicing, installing and preventative maintenance of SimplexGrinnell life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturer's product line. Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment.
Learn to complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices, such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Input, retrieve and archive inspection documentation program via the laptop computer. Make minor repairs and programming changes while under the direct authorized supervision. Complete assigned inspections on time. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. 2 years experience in low voltage electrical systems
2. Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, and specifications
3. Ability to read and interpret technical and parts manuals to diagnose and repair equipment.
4. Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage
5. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
6. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
7. Must be able to work on lifts and ladders
8. Must possess hand tools
9. Must have a valid drivers license and a driving record that meets company requirements
10. High School Diploma or GED required
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, employee stock plan and matching 401(k) plan. For more information on SimplexGrinnell, please review our home page at:
SimplexGrinnell is an EEO Employer M/F/D/V
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...