Honeywell International is a $31 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 125,000 employees in 120 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Sensing and Control (S&C) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). S&C is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensors, switches, machine safeguarding and other devices for a variety of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) applications in the aerospace, medical, transportation, industrial, and test and measurement sectors.
Honeywell is looking for a National Distribution Manager to be based in Golden Valley, MN.
The National Distribution Manager is a key role in the organization that combines regional and strategic corporate support for assigned authorized distributor (AD) relationships, resulting in mutually profitable growth. The National Distribution Manager drives their Corporate AD’s to deploy a significant share of resources in support of the sale of Honeywell products while working with them to improve their business processes, overall effectiveness, planning and results and holds our Rep Distribution Managers accountable to using Honeywell processes to drive the regional AD branches to deliver the results . In addition to driving the AD’s, the incumbent mentors others in the organization that can leverage their leadership and processes in other accounts. This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager and to the S&C Distribution Strategy Leader.
territory, including development and enforcement of strategies to close gaps at strategic
- Meet/exceed revenue POS plan for the Region (Regional support role)
- Develop Regional Point of Sale (POS) plan
- Provide Regional input to S&C Distribution Strategy Leader for top line POS plan
- Provide support and direction to Rep to support AD branch revenue plan within assigned
ADNBO’s and regularly review progress against agreed goals
- Drive Rep to develop a Mutual Action Plan (MAP) to document annual AD objectives,
(POS) plan for assigned AD’s (AD Corporate support role)
- Support the key AD branch relationships
- Facilitate major market and/or strategic AD locations business reviews
- Ensure consistent Rep implementation of Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process
- Coordinate regional training initiatives with Reps
- Support Rep with branch promotions
- Mentor Reps with issue resolution process and provide escalation path as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsibility is to meet/exceed revenue Point of Purchase (POP) and Point of Sale
through the development AD Corp POP and POS annual plan for assigned Ads
- Support the S&C Distribution Strategy Leader with the development of the top line AD plan
- Support the S&C Distribution Strategy Leader in the development and implementation of
management, including the development and accountability of the Corporate
- Responsible for ensuring AD Corp relationship with AD Executives and marketing
Distributor List Price and Market Price Program
- Facilitate AD Corp QBR’s
- Monitor and ensure product training and systems with AD Corp personnel
- Analyze and ensure proper inventory mix and levels needed to support POS plan
- Coordinate New Product Introductions
- Establish Annual Co-Op Marketing Plan
- Support S&C Distribution Strategy Leader and PM with the establishment of effective
- Coordinate Volume Share Agreements where business dictates
- Oversee Ship and Debit and Price Protection activities and ensure integrity in the process
- Support the S&C Distribution Strategy Leader with continued development of the Design
to the field activities
- Provide input to S&C Distribution Strategy Leader on First Call Effectiveness as it relates
to maximize operational efficiency
- Monitor ADs Order Management practices and HW Service Level’s taking corrective action
This position requires a highly motivated, self-confident individual of the highest integrity who possesses a wide range of knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition, this position requires an individual to be selected based on the following additional criteria:
- Minimum of 5 years of high level distribution management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline required.
- Willing to travel 50-60% of the time
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Successful experience calling on senior management at customers and/or distributors.
- Proven strategic thinking skills. Ability to take multiple tasks and bring them together to form a single vision.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships needed to obtain business objectives.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills & presentation skills. An ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to positively utilize resources, both internally and externally, to achieve goals.
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
- Ability to understand the financial impact of decisions being made and to understand multiple aspects of the business (ie, sales, inventory, profitability, ROI).
- Sustained mastery level performance/Multiple sales, leadership recognition’s or awards
- Ability to effectively lead change, both internally and externally, in a positive manner.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...