Seeking a motivated, detail-orientated, team player to provide support to the front desk, field services department and animal care operations. The successful candidate will assist the public with a wide-range of animal-related visits and calls about DC animal-related laws and shelter policies and programs. Responsibilities entail providing outstanding customer service, maintaining accurate animal records, providing humane handling and care for all shelter animals, and maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for animals and people. |
Customer Care Associates counsel customers about alternatives to relinquishing their pets at shelters, provide or direct customers to support when having challenges with their pets, assist the public with locating their lots pets, return lost pets to their owners, and receive and process animals relinquished at the shelter. Shifts available during the hours of 9:00pm – 7:00am, which would include weekends. WHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package.
Successful completion of training program and general knowledge exam required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to find creative solutions to challenges;
- Ability to work independently;
- A team-oriented approach to work, with an ability to bring out the best in peers;
- Experience handling domestic and wild animals preferred;
- Passion for the Washington Humane Society’s mission.
Washington Humane Society - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -