Aspiration Software LLC has an immediate need for a Senior System Administrator with Unix/Linux and VMware experience.
Must have a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
Essential Job Functions
- Solaris 10 and RedHat Linux O/S administration experience
- Experience with virtualized products (i.e., VMware, vCenter, vSphere) and providing support to Enterprise-wide virtual systems
- Experience with implementing and sustaining virtual systems in a teaming environment
- Microsoft Windows experience is a plus
- OPSWare experience is a pus
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated, customer focused and capable of meeting needs of a high paced environment
- Coordinates with client management to formulate highly complex technical solutions. Identifies and implements solutions based on client needs. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness of cost and compatibility. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates reviews as appropriate.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required. Implements solutions and refines procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures. Conducts usability and costing studies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of technical experience in a client-server environment
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong ability to lead and work as part of a team
Aspiration Software LLC - 22 months ago