Mission: Advancing community support and opportunities for people living with disabilities
Core Values: We believe each person should:
Job Summary: Participate as an active and contributing member of a dynamic and collaborative team. Provides direct support to individuals with disabilities in developing and/or maintaining skills that will enhance the quality of their lives in the community; assists with personal care and daily routines occurring in community training and employment sites ; performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Be included, respected, and valued.
- Have ongoing information, experiences, and expectations from which to make choices.
- Have a variety of relationships.
- Live and participate in the communities of their choice.
- Have a career, dreams for the future, and make meaningful contributions.
1. Responsible for carrying out the mission and core values of the organization through relationship building activities internally and externally as well as skills training acquired as a result of the implementation of the Individual’s Service Plan.
2. Facilitate individual’s active participation in community based activities, including employment and volunteer activities;
3. Complete daily and routine data collection and documentation as stipulated in the individual’s ISP including behavioral support and other specialized plans.
4. Observe, respond, and report/document individual’s physical, social, behavioral and personal needs by recognizing any changes in individuals that may require additional follow-up or attention; monitor and report any unusual events in accordance with SJCS policy and state regulations.
5. Assist in the development of activity calendars to ensure that the activities conducted meet the needs of the individuals supported as indicated in ISPs.
6. Provide adequate supervision to individuals to facilitate their health and safety including: administering medication that is timely and in the right dosage
7. Provide safe transportation to and from scheduled community activities, appointments, employment and/or community sites
8. Provide routine feedback regarding fleet transportation services as needed and requested.
9. Attends and participates in all relevant agency events, workshops, training and meetings; and
10. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to gain working knowledge of St. John’s Community Services policies and procedures;
2. Ability to act as a representative of St. John’s Community Services to the public;
3. Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with other staff members and individuals from diverse backgrounds;
4. Knowledge of acceptable food preparation and safety practices and procedures;
5. Ability to model and teach relevant social and behavioral skills;
6. Ability to operate relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, and office machines.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or G.E.D.required; degree in related field preferred;
2. Two or more years related experience working with persons with disabilities preferred;
3. Experience in community based programs preferred;
4. Must meet SJCS and funding jurisdiction current requirements for criminal background/records check.
5. Valid health certificate to meet current funding jurisdiction requirements;
6. Valid state-issued driver’s license with current driving record in good standing required.
St. John’s Community Services - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard