Certified Nurse Assistant Instructor - Level 1 (RN only)
The CNA Instructor shall hold a current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Oregon; and possibly Washington. Full time hours are not guaranteed.
This is a Per Diem position, at $35.00 per hour.
- Implement the required Board-approved curriculum
- Provide effective teaching strategies in an environment that encourages student and instructor interaction;
- Supervise and be present in the classroom at least 75% of the time that classes are being taught;
- Evaluate competency of students
- The ratio of student per instructor shall be such that each trainee is provided with registered nurse assistance and supervision and be no more than 20 students per instructor for classroom
- The ratio of students per instructor in a nursing assistant level 1 training program shall be no more than 10 students per instructor at all times during the clinical experience
- The ratio of students per instructor in a medication aide training program shall begin with a ratio of one clinical preceptor to one medication aide student during the first 24 hours of the clinical experience. Less intensive supervision (either more students per preceptor or less direct supervision by preceptor) may occur with satisfactory evaluation and approval of the clinical preceptor and primary instructor.
- Clinical experience and demonstration of competency for nursing assistant level 1 and medication aide training programs:
- A clinical schedule shall be prepared for all students prior to the beginning of the clinical experience, and provided to the clinical facility director of nursing, the clinical instructor/preceptor, and the student.
- Student practice and demonstration of competency for nursing assistant level 1 and medication aide training programs:
- Students may provide direct client care within their authorized duties under the supervision of approved instructor,
- Students shall be identified as students at all times while in the clinical area
- Students must not be counted as staff or utilized as staff during the hours that are scheduled for clinical experience.
- Students may be on a unit, floor or wing of a facility only under direct supervision of a qualified instructor.
- Students shall not be on a unit, floor, or wing without a CNA or licensed nurse.
- Students shall provide care only to the level they have been taught and determined competent by the approved clinical instructor. Primary Instructor Nursing Assistant Level 1
- The primary instructor shall hold a current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Oregon and Washington.
- Two years experience as a registered nurse and teaching experience or educational preparation for teaching adults is required.
Prestige Care, Inc. - 14 months ago
Prestige Care operates Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care communities in eight US states. Although...