La Crosse County Human Services Department seeks experienced individual to provide general clerical functions. Work is performed in an office setting and involves reception work, typing and using office equipment such as adding machines, copiers and transcription units.
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. This is a total of 37.5 hours per week, which is full time.
To Be a Successful Applicant: 1-Provide a ten-year work history. Explain gaps in employment. 2-Include reasons for leaving each job. 3-Fill out all fields on the application, including address and phone numbers of previous employers.
Essential Job Functions:
Performs receptionist duties: answers telephone; takes messages; handles routine inquiries; refers clients/callers to appropriate personnel; receives and distributes incoming mail; and schedules clients for appointments. Uses various office machines in the performance of duties as required in a specific department, such as computers, telephones, copiers, and printers. Some positions will “float” throughout the department providing a variety of back-up clerical duties including reception work.
Transcribes reports, forms, correspondence, etc., from dictation system using a transcription unit. Inputs and retrieves information on computer.
File Room Duties
Works within the central file room doing filing, file delivery, phone and computer work. Uses various office machines in the performance of duties as required in a specific department, such as computers, telephones, copiers, and printers. Inputs and retrieves information on a computer.
Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
· Requires graduation from an accredited high school or GED, with training in business courses such as typing/keyboarding, computers, and office practices.
· Strong preference for individuals with advanced clerical training at a technical school.
· Minimum of one year of general office experience with proven strong word processing, data entry and organizational skills.
· Typing minimum of 50 words per minute with 60 preferred. FINALISTS WILL BE TESTED!
· Experience in dealing with a busy reception area and working with a multi-line phone system.
· Good grammatical, spelling and punctuation skills.
La Crosse County, WI - 17 months ago