Manages various operations and support functions of the distribution center. Ensures production goals are achieved resulting in the efficient and high quality receiving and shipping of store orders. |
• Coordinates and manages the flow of merchandise including the unloading, checking in and detailing of merchandise. Monitors priority of processing merchandise.
• Monitors, assesses, manages and makes recommendations to key productivity indicators, such as financial, productivity, service and people goals in order to reduce and control costs.
• Immediately analyzes and resolves flow interruptions to the dock and away from the dock.
• Establishes and monitors the daily schedule and priorities and ensures priorities are adhered to and resources are utilized properly to control costs in order to meet customer needs.
• Ensures accuracy, housekeeping, merchandise damage minimization and safety through monitoring and enforcement of company requirements.
• Manages the development, implementation and administration of operational policies, programs and systems within functional areas. Establishes methods and procedures for departmental work activities, identifies and resolves operational problems, and communicates expertise and approvals concerning departmental activities.
• Manage the hiring, orientating, evaluation, recommendation in pay increase processes and development of associates. Carries out disciplinary actions or recommends termination of employment as appropriate.
• Shares and provides appropriate information and anticipates information needs of all distribution center associates in accordance with company quality and communication time schedule requirements.
• Prepares various statistics and reports including monitoring of vendor and carrier compliance to established procedures, number of trailers at distribution center, amount of merchandise that was unloaded to endure optimum merchandise flow.
• Develops and assesses appropriate procedures for processing merchandise, with a focus on high quality work processes.
• Helps determine staffing needs for optimum department operations.
• Flexibility to work variable shifts.
Sears Holdings Corp. - 22 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...