Supervisor - Contract Accounting
Staples is the world’s largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. The company provides products, services and expertise in office supplies, copy & print, technology, facilities and breakroom, and furniture. Staples invented the office superstore concept in 1986 and now has annual sales of $25 billion, ranking second in the world in eCommerce sales. With 90,000 associates worldwide, Staples operates in 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, making it easy for businesses of all sizes, and consumers. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com/media.
Overall responsibility to ensure that $2.0B in vendor programs are accounted for and vendor receivables are collected and accounted for accurately and in a timely manner. In addition to ensure all vendor inquiries are handled in a responsive, efficient and timely manner. Manage and coordinate monthly meetings with DMM’s and GMM’s and category merchants to review and resolve open issues related to vendor programs and vendor receivables. Manage vendor disputes and meet with vendors to resolve open disputes and work toward best practices. Manage the team and ongoing process improvements within group and with extended teams outside of Contract Accounting. Manage quarterly financial audit preparation and compliance and Sarbanes Oxley testing and compliance. Manage and report on potential opportunities and risk as it relates to vendor AR, Vendor Debit balances collections and reserves.
- Manage the accounting and collection of 2.0B annual promo income. Manage and provide direction to a team of 7 exempt associates in the collection, and accounting of $2B vendor promotional revenue, including the hiring of staff, providing training and support and development. Meet with key vendors to resolve issues and implement process improvements.
- Manage and oversee the monthly roadmap meetings and discussions with DMM’s and Category Merchants to ensure all vendor programs are captured in ATS and accounted for appropriately. Partner with Merchandising to identify and resolve issues and implement process improvements.
- Complete monthly analysis package for senior management on Accounts Receivable key metrics. Manage vendor volume confirmation process and monitor and report on financial risk associated with the volume variances.
- Manage the monthly close process and ensure proper controls and accounting are maintained. Ensure reconciliations are completed accurately and on time .Ensure Sarbanes Oxley documentation is up to date and controls are in place. Manage quarterly financial review with external auditors and ensure all support is provided accurately and on time as it relates to Vendor AR.
- Manage systems issues, upgrades and development as they relate to ATS.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (Accounting, Finance)
- 8 to 10 years of accounting and/or accounting operations experience in a large company.
- Excellent multi-tasking, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Proven leadership skills within a team environment.
- Excellent PC skills including advanced Excel, Access and experience with complex automated systems.
- Proven ability to motivate staff and execute at high performance standards.
- Well developed interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Organized proactive, self-motivated work style with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 10 months ago
As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more than 26...