The Member Services Agent is responsible for handling incoming calls from members and internal customers, resolving problems, offering beneficial products and services to members, and providing exceptional service via the telephone. Additional responsibilities include listening, identifying, and recommending credit union products and services that can help meet the needs of members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Accurately handle and process all transactions and complete all tasks in a proficient and timely manner following all credit union policies and procedures.
- Ensure commitments to members/employees are met.
- Meet or exceed assigned percentage of departmental sales goal each month.
- Educate members by showing them how to take full advantage of the products and services the credit union has to offer.
- Meet or exceed expected call center service level goals. This includes but is not limited to answer time, ring time, and talk time.
- Provide excellent service to all members and internal customers.
- Knowledgeable of the benefits of credit union membership.
- Have a working knowledge of FORUM's products, services and systems.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong listening and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Displays professionalism
- Teamwork oriented
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office software)
- Previous customer service experience, preferably call center experience
- Previous successful sales or cross selling experience
Forum Credit Union - 14 months ago