At Crayola, we believe that unleashing the wonder, adventure and daydreams of every child begins with creative play and color. Our products give colorful wings to the invisible things that are in the hearts and minds of children. Help us create innovative products that inspire children by joining us as a...
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Provides packaging design, development and documentation for new or existing products. Acts as packaging technical lead on new product development teams responsible for bringing new product packages to market.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Executes the development of structural packaging and merchandising design on assigned product lines for both new and existing products globally. Responsible for ensuring product integrity and high quality on shelf appearance.
2. Provides packaging design expertise on new product development teams; influences marketing on the implementation of innovative packaging with high consumer appeal.
3. Acts as a technical liaison between Marketing, R&D, and Operations as well as outside vendors to assure projects are completed on time and on budget.
4. Ensures packaging designs can be manufactured and assembled within planned financial targets.
5. Participates in the analysis of packaging assembly costs, shipping cost, and material cost to determine the most cost affective way to package products for assigned business platforms.
6. Executes the start up of off site packaging assembly operations to ensure specification and quality adherence.
7. Executes the development, preparation and maintenance of packaging engineering drawings, specifications, and SAP input for all assigned projects.
8. Routinely provides substantial packaging material and labor cost savings annually while not adversely affecting packaging integrity or on shelf appearance.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering and 5 years related experience
- Must be proficient at Artios or other PC based computer-aided design systems.
- Working knowledge of various paperboard stocks, corrugated, packaging films, P.O.P. displays, label stocks and printing processes pertaining to the packaging industry.
- Knowledge of various national and international shipping specifications and testing techniques for the determination of adequate product protection.
- Experience with self-directed work teams pertaining to continuous improvement and employee involvement.
- A demonstrated record of creativity, innovation and productivity in a technical environment and a successful track record of packaging design in regards to consumer appeal and low to moderate cost.
- At least two years’ experience training and educating fellow employees and outside support staff on packaging technologies.
We offer competitive salary, outstanding benefits and the potential for advancement through the use of creative abilities. Interested candidates MUST apply ON LINE AT www.crayola.com. Click on the "About Crayola" Link and visit our Career Center to apply. No phone calls please. Equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in a drug-free and smoke-free setting. M/F/D/V
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crayola LLC via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at Crayola LLC in any form without valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Crayola LLC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crayola LLC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Crayola LLC, and we value the partnerships we have built with our vendors. For this reason, Crayola LLC has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list. Please note that even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by Human Resources at Crayola LLC in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.