As the R&D Manager for the HPLC Column and Consumables Product line you will be joining a management team responsible for running a key business within Restek Corporation. Reporting to the Director of Research and Innovations, you will be part of the HPLC development team and will have the specific responsibilities to lead a multi-disciplined team of Scientists to drive the HPLC column and consumables HPLC Product development portfolio. The R&D Manager must have a strong knowledge of Chromatography and Analytical Chemistry and demonstrated experience with successful product development.
· Provides input to and takes ownership for driving the execution of the product roadmap through the product development teams; secures resources to execute projects; monitors project performance on an ongoing basis; balances priorities across teams and drives course corrections to ensure timely execution of the roadmap.
· Ensures that the product development activities are aligned with key internal processes.
· Works closely with our Discovery Labs to jointly identify and establish research activities associated with chemistry and column technology development.
· Works closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure that the product development process drives products to market which meet customer needs. Ensures that resources are available to provide relevant material at the time of product launch.
· Works closely with Order Fulfillment to ensure a smooth handover and product scale up from product development to manufacturing.
· Maintains an understanding of customer needs and market trends by attending conferences and supporting field activities when required.
· Ensures that good laboratory practices are being followed and that appropriate documentation is completed to meet quality management and lifecycle processes.
· Identifies interdependencies involved with integration of hardware platform development and manages projects with the appropriate urgency and trade off prioritization.
· Works with the Controller to develop the budgetary requirements for the platform R&D budget. Provides project and program costs/analysis/recommendations to enable decision making.
· Responsible for the technical training and education of the R&D staff to facilitate effective product development .
Restek - 17 months ago