This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Aerospace Solutions business provides turn-key aviation solutions to readiness and sustainment needs, including complete engineering design, aircraft modification, and support services for military, commercial, and foreign customers.
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To develop, write and edit material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction manuals, catalogs and other technical publications concerned with engineering or related technical disciplines.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews journals, reports and similar material to become familiar with product or process terminology. Reviews manufacturers' and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, testing and service of equipment. Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and details.
2. Determines installation and operating procedures and details. Conducts site survey to observe production, developmental and experimental activities. Interfaces with engineers and technicians to become familiar with installation and operation methods presently utilized. Observes material processing to determine material and material processing specifications or specifications for manufacturing and operation of equipment.
3. Organizes material and performs writing assignments according to specifications regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology. Writes technical descriptions using knowledge of material standards, industrial processes and operating procedures. Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding. Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams or charts to illustrate materials or sequences.
4. Analyzes developments in specific field to determine need for revisions, corrections and changes in previously published materials and development of new materials.
5. Edits material for structure, completeness, accuracy, organization consistency, and appropriateness of content. Recommends changes in scope, format and content, restructuring and rewriting as required.
6. Reviews work of other writers and graphics and production personnel to ensure technical accuracy, clarity and quality as required. May coordinate activities of other personnel engaged in the review and monitoring of technical and engineering documentation and material.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED and 8 years of related experience.
Must have experience developing, writing, and editing technical publications / technical orders. Must have familiarity with military standards for TOs, editing, and the filing of TO updates into basic manuals.
Experience working with Air Force TOs or other military manuals and understand configuration management principles.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Support Solutions, based in Rockville, Maryland, provides a wide range of services in engineering, system integration, ship repair, and readiness and sustainment for military platforms. Its Technology Solutions & Services unit addresses the full life-cycle needs of U.S. Department of Defense and federal civilian customers with capabilities in systems engineering and technical assistance, system and subsystem integration, operations, and maintenance. TSS serves every branch of the U.S. military and numerous civilian agencies, operating the U.S. Army’s munitions plant in Kingsport, Tennessee; integrating communications systems and developing and integrating precision tracking radars; and providing design and support services for air and missile defense systems.
The Ship Repair business is the leading U.S. provider of non-nuclear ship repair, conversion, and modernization services. It focuses on drydock and pier-side ship repair and sustainment services for the U.S. Navy, other defense agencies, and commercial customers.
The Readiness & Sustainment business focuses on customers’ growing need for through-life platform support.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...