RN, Lactation Consultant-FT Days-09726-223240
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Independence
Job: Nursing - Professional
The Lactation Consultant (LC) serves as a clinical expert for lactation and breastfeeding. The LC provides in-depth, individual assistance for mothers and families experiencing routine or complex circumstances associated with lactation and breastfeeding. The LC encourages the support of breastfeeding through patient consultation, staff education, and implementation of current, evidence-based breastfeeding policies and procedures
- Associate Degree or higher in healthcare related field
- Current IBCLC certification or will obtain IBCLC certification within two years of initial employment.
- Current BCLS certification required; NRP (lessons 1-4) completion recommended.
- Two years experience in a clinical setting in a lactation related field.
- Maintains expertise and certification through appropriate continuing education.
- Knowledge of accepted lactation consultant standards and practice.
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 13 months ago
HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute care, psychiatric, and rehabilitation hospitals in the US and...