This individual will be responsible for analysis of technical developments and emerging trends in China. The position will be located in Baytown, Texas, and will be imbedded in the Global Product Research organization.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
• Synthesis of organic compounds
• Analyze technical developments and emerging trends in China.
• PhD in Organic Chemistry or associated field
• Working knowledge of advanced analytical techniques
• Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
• Knowledge of Scientific Method
• Project management experience
• Chemical scale-up experience
• Combinatorial chemistry experience
• Experience in host-guest and supramolecular chemistry
• Experience with Pd-catalysis (cyclization and coupling chemistry) and Metathesis catalysis
• Excellent Chinese and English language skills
• Creativity and innovation
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Monitor own work with limited supervision
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell and BP)....