Student Program Internship - Software Development Intern- Unitek-1206848
Organization : Corporate Staff Groups
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota
Job Type: Student Programs
3M’s Health Care is seeking an R&D Intern for their 3M Orthodontics. The target start date for this position is May or June of 2013.
An intern (typical 10-12 week, full-time schedule assignment) position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Corporate Student Programs. Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in Monrovia, CA you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
Responsible for, but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Setting up laboratory equipment
- Performing software, hardware, and firmware tests
- Participate on engineering design teams
- Work across the entire product development life cycle
- Keeping accurate records in laboratory notebook and provide reports to supervisor
- Communicating results in both oral and written form
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year
Location: this role is located in Monrovia California. Subsidized housing will be provided for those who qualify.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in science or engineering
- Current cumulative GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's level or higher degree program in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathamatics Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or another science or engineering degree with an accredited university, having completed at a minimum your Sophomore year
- One (1) year of computer science/engineering coursework and/or hands-on computer programming experience
- Experience using C, C++, or Java applications
- Position will require part-time availability during regular business hours throughout the school year and potential full-time hours during the summer
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment
3M Oral Care: Orthodontics (3M Unitek)Offering more than 14,000 orthodontic solutions worldwide, we're an industry leader differentiated by our unwavering commitment to superior customer service and high quality products and services for straightening teeth and improving healthy smiles.
To learn more about 3M Unitek, please visit: http://www.3munitek.com/
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 2 years ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...