BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:|
Function: Primary analytical resource for the area. Provides reporting and analytics that drive business insights for the teams, area and broader sales organization.
Scope: Area and customer level analysis and insights on consumption, shipments. Provide customer specific point of sale data (Retail Link) analysis as required. Act as point of contact and subject matter expert for reporting environments including Vision Chain, Nielsen, and Retail Link.
PRINCIPAL CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
- Execute on time, accurate reporting and analysis of Walmart data for assigned area, providing in depth analysis and actionable suggestions using customer data to support delivery of financial targets. Design, maintain and update all ongoing tracking reports and tools used by Department. Collaborate with Sales/Category Management to explore and align on drivers and causals of variances.
- Prepare/Contribute to both internal and customer focused Business Reviews which capture and synthesize current business trends, market trends and competitive information. Provide thought leadership in cross-functional business discussions. Assist Operations Leadership in analytics and presentation development.
- Understand Customer and Market changes providing fact-based, customer specific data and insights. Leverage comprehensive and accurate reporting and analysis that drive actionable recommendations and influence business decisions.
- Communicate competitive activity, Retail and Business Trends (in-market ad activity, pricing, promotions) via frequent store visits and customer/syndicated data bases. Assist Operations Leadership in analysis of volume, pricing, promotion, and share trends using Nielsen, customer POS data, and other information sources.
- Serve as subject matter expert for various reporting systems and tools for other functions on the Walmart Team. Model cross-functional collaboration, seizing opportunities to share information and improve efficiency and effectiveness across the team.
- Incorporate Nielsen market data into appropriate standard reporting and leverage to provide business driving recommendations for specified business.
Internal: Area Analyst Pool, Field Customer Marketing
External: Sales Intelligence, Sales Analyst Share Group, Sales Strategy and Trade Promotion Team, Headquarter Customer Marketing, RSM’s, BDM’s, Sales Finance
EDUCATION: BS Business Administration Preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 3+
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, & problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills: strength in influencing management decisions & engaging with sales managers
- Experience analyzing sales reports for retail or CPG company
- Team Oriented
- Creative thinker with ability to communicate and present ideas
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/)
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Big Heart Pet Brands - 18 months ago