Why Quintiles? A career at Quintiles puts you at the corporate center of the leading worldwide pharmaceutical services organization. Quintiles has made the Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT" in 2008, 2009 and 2011 and Quintiles IT is the leading company for the pharmaceutical industry on the 2011 "InformationWeek 500" . In 2011 AND 2012 Quintiles was also listed in the top 25 for multinationals by the Great Place to Work Institute!
If you want to work for a global, fast-paced organization dedicated to improving the development and marketing of medicines, Quintiles is the place for you. We are seeking dynamic, highly motivated and results focused individuals that take an innovative and consultative approach to driving and achieving success. Apply now for our WPF Enterprise Architect I/II position located in our Indianapolis office as part of our Vantage partnership and aligned to IT internally.
other team members.
- Assist in defining/scoping deliverables, costs and benefits and ROI.
- Assisting in converting business level story boards into planned features.
- Accurately tasking-out deliverables for planned features, bug fixes, minor enhancements, etc.
- Accurately estimating time requirements of deliverables.
- Provides accurate and timely updates to project manager and/or team lead on progress on deliverables.
- Writes designs for small projects (e.g. bug fixes, enhancements, etc).
- Contributes to design for tasked-out deliverables of planned features.
- Codes bug fixes and enhancements without guidance.
- Codes portions of major enhancements from existing designs with minimal guidance from other team members.
- Codes WPF data binding, event wiring, styling, etc. as needed with standard, custom and third party controls.
- Designs, writes, and performs unit testing of changes including development of test plans with minimal guidance from
discussion of the specification with the user community.
- Assists in the creation of the design specification and other technical documents to a high standard to enable the
- Works with the documentation team to assure new functionality is properly documented.
- Works with the quality team to assure new functionality is properly documented/understood for testing.
- Serves as level 4 support, troubleshooting problems, providing workarounds and producing patches for customers
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Assists/mentors other more junior developers in their similar set of tasks
individual will need to be a self starter that can not only estimate their own work but work with subject matter experts to define the work they will be estimating on.
- BA/BS degree perferrably in Computer Science/Engineering highly preferred.
- Seven or more years of progressive experience in software development with some hands on experience using WPF in a work setting
The development environment is Agile so a working knowledge of Agile would be helpful. Along with these requirements the candidate would need to have working knowledge of the following technologies:
WPF Data Templates
WPF Control Templates
WPF Custom Controls
WPF Styling (styles, triggers, resource dictionaries)
Web Services using ASP.NET
SQL Databases (table design, stored procedures, views)
Quintiles Transnational - 12 months ago
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...