You'll find that a lot more is possible at Verizon than in many organizations. That's because we're committed to providing our professionals with the technology and resources they need, along with an environment that encourages teamwork as well as individual achievement. Find out what's possible for you at Verizon.
Perform technical implementations according to project specification. Clients are typically Fortune 500 companies with business critical, production eCommerce systems. Technical implementations could include:
Physical and Virtual Server builds:
Application and Web Server installations, configuration, and support:
- Cisco UCS
- VMware, KVM
- OS installations - Linux (primarily RHEL)
This is an entry level UNIX/Linux Systems Administration position requiring:
Physical system experience (rack/stack, cabling, hard drive replacement, hardware upgrades)
Middleware application server administration:
- OS installation tools (kickstart, jumpstart)
- Scripting skills (Perl, Python, shell)
- Web server experience (Apache, iPlanet, IIS)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Working knowledge of high availability concepts (load balancing, clustering)
- Working knowledge of computer virtualization; Excellent communication skills
- Strong willingness to learn and take on technical challenges beyond current skill level
We want you. Because you have talent and drive. Because you're resourceful and creative. Because you have ideas and enthusiasm. We want you because we believe in the power of one. And we've created a world where every individual understands how hard we work for them. What will your contribution be?
- ATG Dynamo, JBoss, J2EE experience or working knowledge
- Virtualization technologies; VMWare, Cisco UCS; SAN/NAS
- EMC Clariion, NetApp Netscalar
- DNS, User Management, package management, OS patching
- Experience in client-facing technical work
- Ability to articulate multi-tier application architectures
- Ability to prepare technical reports, client presentations, design documentation, and manuals
- Middleware application server administration ; ATG Dynamo, JBoss; J2EE experience or working knowledge; Virtualization technologies; VMWare, Cisco UCS; SAN/NAS; EMC Clariion, NetApp Netscalar; Databases; Oracle; Other UNIX skills; DNS, User Management, package management, OS patching; Experience in client-facing technical work; Ability to articulate multi-tier application architectures; Ability to prepare technical reports, client presentations, design documentation, and manuals.
Back to Search Results
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...